After I've Modded - Now What?
Posted 04 April 2006 - 04:36 PM
Most specifically I was interested in being able to launch Avalaunch by default, Being fairly green I'm not entirely sure how this is possible - if it affects the Softmod at all.
Posted 04 April 2006 - 08:26 PM
Changing the default dash is a little tricky, just because it must be done all at once, with no hiccups. Your default dashboard is either located in E:/dash/ or E:/dashboard/ (depending on how you softmodded your Xbox). In order to replace your UnleashX with Avalaunch, you must first make sure the avalaunch's XBE file is named default.xbe. I'm almost certain that it is normally titled avalaunch.xbe, so you will have to rename it. To change the dash, FTP in, go to E:/dash/ or E:/dashboard/ and delete all the files inside that folder. Upload the avalaunch files and then, after that, check to make sure there is a file titled default.xbe. If that all goes well, you should be fine.
You will probably want to FTP apps over as well. These go in E:/Apps/. You just transfer the app folder into that directory. For instance, if I wanted to upload XBMC to my apps directory, I would FTP in and upload the "XBMC" folder to E:/Apps/.
Network your Xbox to your computer, learn how to FTP, backup your EEPROM, change your dash, and upload some apps.
Posted 06 April 2006 - 04:16 AM
Thank you for your time, loving this new project.
Posted 06 April 2006 - 05:01 AM
1. Clear your cache
- To do this, delete everything in your X, Y, and Z folders and delete everything in the E:/CACHE/ folder.
2. If you have EvoX, go into the System Util, Settings. Make sure TSR is set to Disabled and IGR is set to No. Remember to scroll down to the bottom after changing the settings and hit Save and Exit. Reboot after doing this.
3. Set your clock in the MS Dashboard. Sometimes, having an incorrect date/time will mess up a game, especially if it uses Autosave.
4. Disable all HDTV modes in the MS Dash.
5. Always use the latest version of DVD2Xbox to rip Xbox games to your hard drive.
If none of that works, there may be a game-specific fix for the problem. If this is the case, it will be listed on THIS PAGE. You may want to bookmark that for future use.
Hope you figure it out.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users