#1 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,218 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 April 2006 - 08:41 PM

Well.. as a whole I was once again disappointed by Wrestlemania. It always has so much potential.. , and yet, it disappoints again. It started off on what I call a foretelling note.. Just look at the sour puss on Michelle Williams. (and frankly, she didn’t even do the anthem justice..

IPB Image

Yawn.. first up.. KANE/BIG SHOW vs Carlito and Masterpiece

Top to bottom boring. What was shocking, was that most predicted Show/Kane were going to drop the belts at WM. Didn’t happen. Worse, they set up what appears to be a storyline for the next few months, as Carlito and the human muscle appear to have some heat with each other. (RAW.. we learned they are now going to feud..)

IPB Image

Second match up, the Money in the Bank Match.

Ric Flair, Hardy, Finlay, Lashley, RVD, Benjamin. 5 way Ladder madder match, climb up, grab the case, get a contract.

Originally, I thought this match had potential when it was just the raw cast. When they added the smackdown members, I knew it was going to be too crazy. It gets worse.. my early predictions, were that Ric Flair was going to win this so that they’d have an excuse to give him one final title shot/reign down the road before retirement. Well.. I was wrong, way the fuck off. Ric Flair, at 57, for whatever reason (well.. we know what reason.. a million in back taxes owed..) sacrifices himself for the sake of the show. Look.. as he climb the 15 foot ladder.. nowhere near the Case. It’s not like he’s AJ Styles of Shelton Benjamin. No way he was going to jump 6 feet to it. Anyways..

IPB Image

IPB Image

.. that dork that won’t die, Hardy, climbs up, grabs flair.. and as the photos show.. takes him down to the mat. The Refs do the “x” sign meaning “real injury” (personally.. he probably was fucked up a bit.. but I doubt it was a legit call. I figure. .it was more of a time out for Flair as that was huge for a man his age.

IPB Image

RVD gets the win, and

Frankly, this match could have been awesome if it was just RVD, Hardy, and Benjamin. Finlay and Flair looked good together. Maybe a fued down the road would be nice. Matches with 3, 4, 5 or more guys are generally lousy, and are designed to cover shit up. Flair is still the man.. but he can’t work at the scale the younger guys can, especially in bump matches with ladders and shit. Credit to him for taking the bump.. but at his age that’s not what we want to see from him.

US title Match, Benoit and JBL.

Benoit is hands down one of the best workers in the biz. JBL isn’t bad either, despite his critics. This match didn’t have a lot of interest or heat going in. It was a solid match.. but the fans weren’t interested. JBL grabs a rope for an win and the title. I imagine JBL will be holding the US belt for awhile as the WWE ramps up a summer campaign for JBL.

IPB Image

Closing out the first hour of the show, Edge Vs Foley Hardcore Rules.

Foley delivers.. as expected. What was shocking was how into the match EDGE was. Edge has come along way in the last year. This match will help to solidify his Heel push. (I personally still think it was shitty how they took his belt after only a 3 week reign.)

Anyways.. Hardcore Socko (socko with barb wire), Barbie (the baseball bat in Barb Wire) made their appearances on queue. Edge went for the bag of tacs.. and took them like a champ when Foley dumped his ass on them. Edge wrestled (ha!) the rest of the match with no less then 3 dozen tacs in his back and arms. Words never describe Foleys Hardcore matches well..

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Foley nearly blinded Edge on 2 occassions with that bat. I don’t think Edge really knew what he was getting into risk wise.

The finale of the match wouldn’t shock ECW fans, but it was a shock for WWE.. especially WM. Foley, well layed in his 3-4 layers of shirts/flannel took the brunt and protected Edge in the final bump. Flaming Table. Foley first dumps some lighter fluid on the table a la the Dudley Boys, then Lita take a home run swing at Foley’s knee. She then adds some more fluid to the table, sets it ablaze.

With Foley positioned on the apron, Edge does his tack through the ropes, send both Edge and Foley into the blazing table. Edge, half in shock.. rolls Foley up for a pin.

IPB Image
IPB Image

Second hour…

Booker T and wife vs Boogieman (I like this guy..)

Before they get to the ring, they run the gauntlet in the hall, passing many of the WWE past and present freakshows..

IPB Image

Man.. what some guys wouldn’t do to get into WM. smile.gif

Anyways.. long story short…

IPB Image

Boogieman runs around.. does his worms in the mouth thing.. kisses Mr’s T smile.gif and then squashes Booker for a win. (undefeated in the WWE atm. I’m not sure why I’m so entertained by the Boogieman. Could be the fact he’s growing, evolving a bit. Could be the freakshow aspect.

Next Up, Womens Title Match, Mickie James vs Stratus.

I gotta give these two ladies props. I’m not sure how long Mickie James wrestled outside of the WWE before appearing a few months.. but she’s clearly a good worked, skilled, and has experience. I now understand why they changed the original plan of Candice vs Stratus for a Mickie vs Stratus.

Trish took some bad shots/bumps. I have no doubt she walked away with some pain from that match. Mickie walked away with the pin and the belt after a joint blown shot that got the fans chanting “you fucked up”

IPB Image

One of the funniest moments of the night..

IPB Image

The McMahon Family prayer.

Next up.. Casket Match : Taker vs Mark Henry.

I feel real bad for Undertaker. At his age, he’s getting to the Ric Flair point in Wrestling. People dig Taker, always have. He can just show up.. and make money. They saddle him with losers like Henry.. no one can make Henry look good. You just can’t have a match with that loser. Henry’s contract (the 10 year megadeal) is alsmot up. With any luck McMahon dumps his fat useless ass.

IPB Image

Usual casket match shenanigans. Taker Wins. Whoopee. WM Winning streak continues.

Shaun Michaels vs Vince McMahon Anything Goes match

You gotta wonder why wince at 60 years of age has to be a main event match worker at his age. A locker room full of talent and Vince stars in a key match.

Vince comes out.. clearly ready to fight. Looking good for his age. Walks to the ring like an ape with a pickle in his ass. Rounds the ring, stop, and shows off a framed copy of his magazine cover (fitness mag)

Match starts.. we get the regular vince stuff.. Shaun seems a little flat.. then we get some interference from the Spirit Squad, 5 guys jump Michaels, giving Vince a 4 minute break. Vince jumps back in.. blah blah blah.. Shane jumps in.. blah blah blah..

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Eventually.. Shaun Michaels gets Shane tied up with hand cuffs, Vince in the ring, with a garbage can over his head, on a table, with a 15-20 foot ladder in the ring.

Shaun goes up, gives the DX sign.. and drops an elbow on Vince. Shaun Wins.

Shaun.. by the end of the match, seems to have some new found energy. Maybe a DX return?

3rd hour…

Smackdown: 3 way Match for the WWE Heavyweight Championship of the world.. Mysterio/Orton/Angle

This match I was not happy with going in. Months ago, when Rey wont the WM shot.. that was cool. That would have been a Rey vs Angle match. Awesome. But then they wanted Orton. Cooked up a lame way for Orton to get that shot. Screwed Rey. Now it was Orton / Angle. You know what.. that on paper was good too,

But then the fans rebelled.. writing into the WWE.. and in the largest letter writing campaign in WWE history got Rey put back into that match. Lame.

Now it’s a 3 way. 3 ways usually cover someone’s ass. But all three of these guys are awesome and can go.

Anyway.. as far as I was concerned they gave the ending away with the opening.. as Rey got a 5 minute intro by POD (I think) and Rey donned some sort of ceremonial head dress.

IPB Image

Match was good. Nothing crazy. Everyone did well. Rey takes the win, and the belt. It will be interesting to see how long he holds it. We’ve seen token title reigns before.

Playboy Match – yawn.

IPB Image

Final Match, HHH (the king of kings) vs Cena for the WWE championship.

HHH comes out of the floor on a silly looking conan like throne, dressed accordingly.

IPB Image
IPB Image

Cena.. not to be outdone, is intro’d with a Chicago Ganster like show/theme. Car, thugs, the works..

IPB Image

What was interesting.. was the crowd reaction. Pretty much from the beginning.. right to the end.. the fans pretty much cheered HHH, and booed Cena. Personally, it looked like Cena was off center because of the reaction. He worked it though. Both came off looking good. It was a slow match. Pretty much HHH standard fare.

I was so sure.. like many.. that HHH was walking away with this one. He tapped out.. giving Cena.. one of the oddest WM title wins in history.. as he wasn’t heavily cheered with the win.

IPB Image

Overall..

Kane/Show vs Carlito/Masters – Sucked.
Money in the Bank – passable.. some good bumps.. Flair is clearly fucked in the head.
Benoit/JBL – yawn.
Foley vs Edge – Typical Hardcore.. nice finish. Will help EDGE. (which is the point of Foley..)

Freakshow.. interesting. Maybe foretelling upcoming events..
Booker T and Wife vs Boogieman – Squash.. boring.
McMahon Family Prayer.. funny.
Casket Match – gimmick match.. fans were bored. I was bored.
Vince vs Shaun Michaels – entertaining. Don’t want to see Vince in any more matches though.

Smackdown Title match – Nice to see Rey get some respect. Good match.
Playboy Match – yawn
Raw Title Match – HHH give us his regular. Cena walks away with the belt, but little more. Good match though.

#2 thegame_evolution

thegame_evolution

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 05 April 2006 - 08:05 AM

great review HSD....interestingly, CM Punk was one of John Cena's thugs......go figure.....

#3 chorizo1

chorizo1

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,883 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 April 2006 - 02:08 AM

This was one weak ass wrestlemania.

There needs to be a NEW Champion on RAW. (NOT Triple Herpes either).

Rey wins the belt was pretty cool (obvious since it was a triple threat), but as you said prob, won't be for long.

Good review. Viva La Raza.

P.s. Who the hell is Michelle Williams??

Edited by chorizo1, 06 April 2006 - 02:10 AM.

#4 Alex548

Alex548

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,411 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 06 April 2006 - 02:27 AM

wow... such a lame PPV. Glad I didn't bother ordering it.

#5 thegame_evolution

thegame_evolution

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 03:22 AM

QUOTE(chorizo1 @ Apr 5 2006, 08:15 PM) View Post
This was one weak ass wrestlemania.

There needs to be a NEW Champion on RAW. (NOT Triple Herpes either).

Rey wins the belt was pretty cool (obvious since it was a triple threat), but as you said prob, won't be for long.

Good review. Viva La Raza.

P.s. Who the hell is Michelle Williams??

I cant tell you how immature it is to call Trips names like that.....and im not just saying that because im a fan....im saying it because when you make a remark liek that you show no respect to a man who has done it all in the business.

I do, however agree with the point. Someone other than John Cena and HHH needs to be champion. But the problem is that noone other than them can draw.

Second off why is it obvious that Rey would win in a triple threat match?? wasnt obvious to me at all.

And Michelle Williams was a member fo Destiny's Child.

#6 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,218 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 03:54 AM

wow.. CM Punk was one of the thugs? damn. Good catch. I didn't notice.

Wonder how long it will be then before they bring his ass up to the big show. I can't watch OVW where I am.. and it's rarely ever posted in other circles.. so I don't get to see it much.

HHH gets my respect.. and considering how one sided most of the applause was towards him at the show.. I see Cena dropping the belt shortly. (no matter how sweet Vince is on Cena.. )

Backlash is looking to be the typical lame rematches with a slight twist. Not touching that PPV.

Also heard Orton got 60 days off. Guess he's pissed off the bosses again.

#7 Himura

Himura

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 04:13 AM

I'm just wondering why they didnt have the Smackdown main event last, seeing as how Rey won the royal rumble match. blink.gif

Anyways, nice review HSD happy.gif

#8 chorizo1

chorizo1

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • 8,883 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 04:40 AM

QUOTE(thegame_evolution @ Apr 5 2006, 09:29 PM) View Post

no respect to a man who has done it all in the business.

Second off why is it obvious that Rey would win in a triple threat match?? wasnt obvious to me at all.

It's TV. chill out. I do NOT like HHH, nor Cena for that matter. NEW BLOOD NEEDED , or work on some of the other talent instead of investing every PPV main event in the same 4 people.

Mid-Carder + Triple threat = Win

remember Jericho winning the Unified title?? it ALMOST always happens, so I was Not suprised. also the whole "do it for Eddie thing" -- Fans demanded it.

P.S. It's great to see people talking bout this again. LOL.

#9 makaveli91

makaveli91

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 25 April 2006 - 01:23 AM

Triple H and Shawn Micheals both throw down the DX signs on Raw last week. Is there going to be a return of the Degenerates?

#10 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,218 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 12:19 AM

they keep doing it.

both did DX signs this week.

Problem is.. they really need more than 2 guys for DX to work. Who would make good DX members at this point?

#11 chorizo1

chorizo1

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • 8,883 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 02:39 AM

Carlito

Shelton Benjamin

Masters

basically any type of Mid-carder they can turn heel, and built up.

Eugene...LOL

#12 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,218 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 03:24 AM

carlito.. has so much potential.

Masters.. god.. I honestly hope someone puts him on the shelf.

Benjamin, by far one of the best talents in the biz in many years.

Dream Match, Benjamin and AJ Styles.

#13 C o s m o

C o s m o

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts
  • Interests:The Shocker, mudbutt, luge lessons, buggery.

Posted 04 May 2006 - 03:57 AM

Kick-ass review. I am not much of a WWE fan, though. Too much bullshit in the backstage area, too many strippers. It just gets old. Mick Foley/Mankind/Cactus Jack, howver, never does.
For some reason I like Cena. Maybe it's because I watched the special on how he made it to WWE.

I am firmly on-board with TNA now (I won't hijack your thread with talk of it, though)

#14 chorizo1

chorizo1

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • 8,883 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE(HSDEMONZ @ May 3 2006, 09:31 PM) View Post

Dream Match, Benjamin and AJ Styles.

that would be great.

that AJ Styles kid has some crazy moves, needs to improve in his Mic skills though.

@ COSMO I've benn skimming through TNA lately also, they have some great Raw talent.

most of them need a little more personality/mic skills and better story lines.

#15 C o s m o

C o s m o

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts
  • Interests:The Shocker, mudbutt, luge lessons, buggery.

Posted 05 May 2006 - 02:49 AM

QUOTE(chorizo1 @ May 4 2006, 03:28 PM) View Post

that would be great.

that AJ Styles kid has some crazy moves, needs to improve in his Mic skills though.

@ COSMO I've benn skimming through TNA lately also, they have some great Raw talent.

most of them need a little more personality/mic skills and better story lines.

I totally agree about the mic skills. They have some real hacks talking shit.
But the (IMHO) BEST smack-talker EVER will be interviewed tonight; BI SEXY KEVIN NASH!!! I read it today on www.tnawrestling.com. They didn't say he's wrestling, just an interview. But Sting has not yet announced his partner for the next PPV. My hope is that he brings in Nash like he did Bagwell and Luger, but his partner will end-up being Goldberg.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users