X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 487 posts
  • Interests:Xbox modding, Computers
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 April 2006 - 11:13 PM

This late in the xbox's life i dont plan to get a new one. I am just going to sell my stuff and get a Laptop for gameing. I sold the cases on ebay for 300$ apeice. My Chip should go for around 15$ and the game should go for a total of 600$ so i should be able to get a nice laptop.

#2 d00msday_jesus

d00msday_jesus

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 11:16 PM

later

it's a damn shame you couldnt get any pics before your departure. eBay links maybe?

Edited by d00msday_jesus, 04 April 2006 - 11:16 PM.

#3 xbox_

xbox_

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:none

Posted 04 April 2006 - 11:16 PM

well... cya

hav fun ...

#4 nightmare84j28

nightmare84j28

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 April 2006 - 11:31 PM

Thank fuck for that, i wondered how long it would be until you left...

Sooner than i expected biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif beerchug.gif BEERS FOR ALL!!! (Except crzyimage)

#5 rootofallevil

rootofallevil

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 April 2006 - 11:42 PM

buy a nother one cum on just stay STAY! xbox WILL NEVER DIE and i liked your mods i dont wanna see ya disapare

#6 rockrerun

rockrerun

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 12:01 AM

don't waste your time buying a laptop now. The current generation of computers is also a dying breed (not to say that the original xbox will ever die). Wait a year and get a new 64-bit computer after Windows Vista comes out.

And as for leaving, well, no comment could possibly describe my joy. lol.

#7 speed_racer88

speed_racer88

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy shredding the gnar, hangin' with my bros and long walks on the beach.
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 05 April 2006 - 12:37 AM

QUOTE(nightmare84j28 @ Apr 4 2006, 04:38 PM) View Post

Thank fuck for that, i wondered how long it would be until you left...

Sooner than i expected biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif beerchug.gif BEERS FOR ALL!!! (Except crzyimage)

mmmmmmmm celebration beer

#8 blame canada

blame canada

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,356 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 01:11 AM

QUOTE(rockrerun @ Apr 4 2006, 05:08 PM) View Post

don't waste your time buying a laptop now. The current generation of computers is also a dying breed (not to say that the original xbox will ever die). Wait a year and get a new 64-bit computer after Windows Vista comes out.

And as for leaving, well, no comment could possibly describe my joy. lol.

eh, I agree and disagree. Dont get a laptop for gaming. Unless you want to take your laptop everywhere and have portable gaming. If you only bring your laptop here or there just get a kickass desktop gaming PC. The price you're going to pay to get or build a gaming laptop could easily match an incredible gaming PC (ie: 7900gtx, amd x2 series, etc. etc.). But, I must also disagree with you. Yes, the current gen of computers is dying (32 bit, agp video cards, etc.), but the 64 bit technology is getting more popular by the minute. Build your setup now and get an amd 64 processor. 32 bit is on its way out, but 64 bit is here to stay for quite a while. Get yourself a pcie video card and a 64 bit processor. Then you're good untill and after vista comes out.

I second that celebration beer!

Edited by blame canada, 05 April 2006 - 01:11 AM.

#9 d00msday_jesus

d00msday_jesus

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 01:13 AM

lest just order a keg. Also, I demand links to these eBay auctions

#10 babyblu

babyblu

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 03:38 AM

was just checking out ebay i didnt see any good cases????? what is your ebay name so i can look at what you are selling???????????????

#11 raceboy404

raceboy404

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 03:49 AM

how about if we buy u a new xbox (not saying it will work biggrin.gif )
will u stay?

i never replaied about one of your mods, but i seen every ones, i loved them so much i would go out and cut up a case and relize it looked more like a pile of grabge than a slim box laugh.gif

#12 babyblu

babyblu

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 03:59 AM

QUOTE(crzyimage @ Apr 4 2006, 04:20 PM) View Post

This late in the xbox's life i dont plan to get a new one. I am just going to sell my stuff and get a Laptop for gameing. I sold the cases on ebay for 300$ apeice. My Chip should go for around 15$ and the game should go for a total of 600$ so i should be able to get a nice laptop.

QUOTE(crzyimage @ Apr 3 2006, 11:51 PM) View Post

My television just blew up like 10 mins ago, woke me up. I thought the xbox was messed up 2 but it looks fine, the psu isnt harnmed but one of the solderpoints around that big blk cylinder has a black substance that rubs off on the bottom like blk dust. Did anything blow up bsides the tv?

I found a couple thing that are very wrong here #1 look at the times 11:51 PM april 3rd and 4:20pm april 4th so that only a diff of 16 Hours and 29 minutes and he says that he already sold that cases on ebay for $300 apiece those were a couple of pretty quick auctions. Plus the fact the i dont think actually do believe that you would ever get the exact same amount for 2 of the same things on ebay at the same time (thats red flag 2). Number 3 is the fact that he cant add when i sell stuff i now the amount the ends up in my pocket and 300 + 300 + 15 + game = correct me if im wrong lol 615 + whatever the game gets (what game?????)

thats my say.

Edited by babyblu, 05 April 2006 - 04:00 AM.

#13 47_M450N_47

47_M450N_47

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts
  • Interests:Xbox modding, anything with computers and networking. Gaming. Shooting stuff, blowing up stuff.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 05 April 2006 - 03:24 PM

It is pretty hard to keep up with graphics cards and such when using a PC for gaming...my PC is my main gaming device but I have been buying parts for it starting like 3 months after I built it in the 1st place... It kicks anus but I'm still planning on doing more upgrades to it in the future. Windows Vista sucks balls btw...at least it does right now, of course it is a beta...maybe that is why lol

#14 rockrerun

rockrerun

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 05:30 PM

windows may suck, but since MS owns the world we will all be forced to use it. lol.

#15 X_Gamer7

X_Gamer7

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 08:00 PM

Hey sorry about the bad luck with your xbox and television. Kinda ironic it would happen to you out of anyone else because you always seemed to me like the kind of person that was really straight forward with people and just told it like it is. Hmm, well good luck with your laptop. By the way, you aren't going to find a nice laptop for under $600, I can tell you that right now. Maybe a high end pentium 3, low end pentium 4, or a celeron...
later

Edited by X_Gamer7, 05 April 2006 - 08:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users