7 replies to this topic

#1 autiger

autiger

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 12:34 AM

Hey folks! Well I have read that Top Spin 2 was supposed to be sometime last week, and best buy had in their Sunday ad that it would be available today, so I checked out Hastings (an entertainment store) and well I didn't see the game there to rent or for purchase....

I was not sure if I want to buy it or rent it first, so I was hoping someone who has played the game could let me know what they think....I was a fan of the original and have read IGN's review which said fans of virtua tennis (like me) and the original (me again) will enjoy this one, but wanted to get the opinion of people like myself who aren't gaming journalists. Thanks in advance!!

#2 Spency234

Spency234

LEAFS NATION

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 April 2006 - 01:50 AM

I picked it up on Sunday and I love it. I was also a fan of the first Top Spin, and it has the same feel.

The graphics are quite a bit better, and the gameplay itself is very fluid and smooth.

I haven't played it online since I want to get my self made guy to a decent rating before I attempt that, so I can't really speak for the online game.

I say go buy it, its 49.99 (Canadian) and is a better value (for me) then most 70 dollar games out there.

#3 autiger

autiger

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 05:23 AM

QUOTE(Spency234 @ Apr 5 2006, 01:57 AM) View Post

I picked it up on Sunday and I love it. I was also a fan of the first Top Spin, and it has the same feel.

The graphics are quite a bit better, and the gameplay itself is very fluid and smooth.

I haven't played it online since I want to get my self made guy to a decent rating before I attempt that, so I can't really speak for the online game.

I say go buy it, its 49.99 (Canadian) and is a better value (for me) then most 70 dollar games out there.

Yeah....thanks for the input. I do agree that it is a great price compared to the other games...although I guess I better get used to the price, unless of course somehow Sony and/or Nintendo make their next gen games cheaper and then MS would probably have to lower 360 game prices. Thanks again, hopefully i'll pick it up soon, and if I do I'll try to hit you up for an online match if that's cool with you!

#4 brooksie48

brooksie48

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 April 2006 - 06:31 AM

QUOTE(autiger @ Apr 4 2006, 11:30 PM) View Post

Yeah....thanks for the input. I do agree that it is a great price compared to the other games...although I guess I better get used to the price, unless of course somehow Sony and/or Nintendo make their next gen games cheaper and then MS would probably have to lower 360 game prices. Thanks again, hopefully i'll pick it up soon, and if I do I'll try to hit you up for an online match if that's cool with you!

Ms games are only $49.99 us instead of $59.99, they have no say as to what other developers price there game at.

#5 autiger

autiger

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE(brooksie48 @ Apr 5 2006, 06:38 AM) View Post

Ms games are only $49.99 us instead of $59.99, they have no say as to what other developers price there game at.

Brooksie you make a valid point. I guess I forgot that MS was giving lower prices (b/c I got PDZ as a gift (but it was the Special edition, so it cost the $60)...but hopefully 3rd party developers will lower the price of their games, because it's one thing paying fifty dollars, but that extra ten hurts a little more because then you're over half way to $100 for a game....anyways, isn't top spin 2 like $39.99?? I thought I saw that somewhere, hopefully it's right!

#6 MrPhunkee

MrPhunkee

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 April 2006 - 02:53 PM

Well, i'm hoocked again biggrin.gif just like I was with TS1

#7 shamsulaswad

shamsulaswad

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 06 April 2006 - 07:41 PM

I'm lovin' it...

#8 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 07 April 2006 - 01:40 PM

Just got mine today. Initial impressions are good. the game is very smooth to play and is still every bit as addictive. Shame there is a 1 inch scratch down the disc as it was not clipped into the case correctly on packing.
I have spent 30 minutes trying to create a player that looks like me but there are no good looking profiles biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users