#1 zero G

zero G

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 10:36 AM

Hi,

Recently I've been busy trying out mods for MW xbox and I've managed to get some sound with them.
I've used a program called 'amwave pro' to convert ADPCM audio to XBADPCM (xbox used audio).

The placing of the audio files is not in the data files folder but the main folder of MW, you can see that there are a lot of folders containing the sound files for the creatures.
I've been testing this with the GIANTS dragon mod v1.3 and the dragon had one sound, the main dragon_sound loop.
I could kill it so I'm not sure if he will make his death sound, and the other sounds didnt work for now.

Wondering why the other sounds didnt work I've opend the GAINTS_dragon.esm file in the TES contruction set and found out the dragon_sound was scripted and the sound tab empty.
Ive tried to ad some sound there but I couldnt save it to .esm only to .esp, this made MW crash.
Being new to the contruction set I wasnt to able to save to .esm only to .esp.

This I found out only yesterday, the coming weeks I'm gonna try to somehow get other sound mods to work.
There is only one problem, the program used for converting the audio files is a 30 day trail program.
The website of the creator doesnt excist anymore so obtaining the program is gonna be a problem.

Well I guess its a start to xbox MW sound modding, I hope interrested people will be helped to ad some sound content to xbox MW.
It isnt impossible, you just need the righ audio format.

greets,

#2 metalmulisha247

metalmulisha247

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 April 2006 - 04:03 AM

I can try to help out......

#3 dyrtyrice

dyrtyrice

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Xbox Morrowind modding, Musician, freelance IT, guitar, violin, writer, artist.
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 April 2006 - 07:00 AM

QUOTE(metalmulisha247 @ Apr 5 2006, 08:10 PM) View Post

I can try to help out......

This is awesome guys, let me know how this research goes and maybe I can include some stuff in my new mod pack. I think someone on another forum elsewhere got this to work for a certain bird mod wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users