16 replies to this topic

#1 ocool19

ocool19

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 05:28 AM

on front page gta3 and vice city on xbox does that mean PS2 will run out of business??? laugh.gif

#2 PM5K

PM5K

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 30 April 2003 - 05:29 AM

Absoloutely

#3 unquick

unquick

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 06:06 AM

just never understand why would people buy console games that are already out on PC a year earlier.

and most of them are FPS games, i meant, would you prefer wait for a year then use stupid analog stick to aim???

give me a reason why you are going wait to play vicecity on xbox when the game is out for pc this may 12. hell you can even make headshot with the mouse just like previous PC version of GTA3!

Yes, it might be smoother on xbox( with only 30fps and a hell low resolution).

blink.gif

#4 ocool19

ocool19

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 06:12 AM

hmmm.....good suggestion.....but u see i live in dorm and all i got here is this crappy laptop 1.1ghz which is far from a good one....i can'nt really play anything here.....and i dont own a ps2 just never wanted one coz i might not play it.....my desktop is far far from here....so thats my only option not that i really want it or something....just for fun laugh.gif and who said im gonna buy it? rolleyes.gif

#5 jackster

jackster

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 30 April 2003 - 09:34 AM

This is new to me and i must live under a rock. ohmy.gif
IS gta3 coming to x-box? I had no idea if it is. I'm gonna check the rockstars website (I think they were the developer of gta3)

#6 gainpresence

gainpresence

11 herbs and spices

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,971 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 April 2003 - 09:36 AM

QUOTE (jackster @ Apr 30 2003, 05:34 AM)
This is new to me and i must live under a rock. ohmy.gif
IS gta3 coming to x-box? I had no idea if it is. I'm gonna check the rockstars website (I think they were the developer of gta3)

Once the PS2 contract dies (early-to-mid next year), Rockstar will release GTA3 and Vice City for the Xbox and Gamecube..

It's all on the front page, man beerchug.gif

#7 jaxxmanuk

jaxxmanuk

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 09:37 AM

Had it since it came out on PS2, can't really see any point in buying it for XBOX or GameCube unless they make any huge additions to it.

Never bought a game because it looked nice in my life! lol

#8 BenzineX

BenzineX

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:Macintosh Computing, X-box (nuhuh?), Music and geting as drunk as humanly possible.

Posted 30 April 2003 - 09:41 AM

I've never understood the deal with GTA, I've played it and it was kinda...boring.

#9 jaxxmanuk

jaxxmanuk

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 09:47 AM

Vice City was fun, I think the 80's setting and the music added a lot plus it offered a lot more in terms of gameplay over GTA3.

Don't Think GTA5 will be up to much, can't really think of anything else they could do with the game.

As always each to there own :-)

beerchug.gif

#10 xbox_freak!!

xbox_freak!!

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Interests:eat, sleep, xbox

Posted 30 April 2003 - 10:14 AM

QUOTE (BenzineX @ Apr 30 2003, 06:41 AM)
I've never understood the deal with GTA, I've played it and it was kinda...boring.

ohmy.gif damn......

#11 Ladive

Ladive

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:bitches and Tylenol

Posted 30 April 2003 - 03:18 PM

The freedom to run around town and produce mass choas has been perfected with GTA. No other game gives you such an experience. It's mind numbing violence at it's best! cool.gif

And since my PC sucks, and i'm not forking over 1k to upgrade, nor am i forking over 300 for a ps2 just for 1 game, i'm definetly getting it as soon as it's out for xbox.

#12 i rock jordanz

i rock jordanz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 05:25 PM

actually ps2's are only $199 and they might drop to $149 biggrin.gif

#13 kickassdude

kickassdude

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE (unquick @ Apr 30 2003, 07:06 AM)
just never understand why would people buy console games that are already out on PC a year earlier.

and most of them are FPS games, i meant, would you prefer wait for a year then use stupid analog stick to aim???

give me a reason why you are going wait to play vicecity on xbox when the game is out for pc this may 12. hell you can even make headshot with the mouse just like previous PC version of GTA3!

Yes, it might be smoother on xbox( with only 30fps and a hell low resolution).

blink.gif

because not everyone has a $1500 computer. and besides unless you have a nice gamepad for your comp GTA is much more enjoyable on a console.
well see how many people flock to buying doom3 on xbox because their comp cant handle it.

#14 T-1200

T-1200

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 06:49 PM

Here are screenshots from the Gamecube version biggrin.gif smile.gif

user posted image
user posted image

#15 wazrab

wazrab

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 07:12 PM

i thought it was better on pc than ps2 as i played both it was much better on pc. the one thing they should do in the next game not example gta4 you could be able to go inside every building. and get in cabs and buses as a passanger.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users