11 replies to this topic

#1 shjon25

shjon25

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 02:04 AM

Ok, I just don't get it anymore... I was originally banned for who knows what reason (no, the chip was NOT on), reflashed the eeprom, replaced the hard drive, began a new gamertag and logged back on....SUCCESS! Logged back in a few days later and bam, banned again. What the hell is up with that? I absolutely had the chip off (X3). This has happened 4 times now between 2 different systems. So I've gone thru 4 eeproms, 4 HD's and 3 diff gamer tags... Can anyone explain what the hell is going on or what I'm doing wrong??

#2 shjon25

shjon25

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 04:41 AM

I've been doing some reading and I've seen some stuff on eeprom versions and version changing.... Could this have anything to do with my repetitive bannings? I took eeproms from several Xbox's but have no idea what versions they are anymore... Anytime I loaded the new eeproms into the systems they seemed to work fine... Any help would be appreciated, these bannings are pissing me off hardcore!!

#3 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,743 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 06 April 2006 - 05:19 PM

if the eeproms were for the wrong version the xbox wouldnt boot at all, 1.1-1.5 all use the same version eeprom

so you ever use any hacked or modified content online? when you replace your HDs are they stock or large HD?

sometimes its best to just buy a second xbox and keep it 100% stock for Live

#4 shjon25

shjon25

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 12:24 AM

NEVER went on with hacked bios, chip ALWAYS off, always with a larger drive (250 - 500GB) (all were virgin) and these eeproms were never on Live before either so it shouldn't be a marriage issue. Can you think of anything else it could be? This is getting regoddamndiculous. grr.gif

Oh and no, never any hacked or modded files either. I don't do Halo 2... Just racing, fighting and sports... Could the non-retail files on my C & E have anything to do with it?

#5 Kallisto

Kallisto

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 April 2006 - 01:08 AM

Instead of buying all new hardware everytime why don't you just get a cheap xbox to use for XBL and have your modded one for everything else?

#6 shjon25

shjon25

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 02:55 AM

I only want one xbox hooked up to my set, I've got too much other crap going on to deal with another xbox. Besides, I REALLY want to know why I keep getting banned...

#7 pcrat

pcrat

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Gamming, my kids, Photoshoping
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 April 2006 - 08:22 PM

When you bought the eeproms are you absolutly!!! by no other way possible, for sure, on mother natures green earth positive that the eproms ya bought were never on live before? I had a friend by an eeprom b4 and got screwed.

#8 clouzot

clouzot

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 07:28 AM

QUOTE(shjon25 @ Apr 7 2006, 12:31 AM) View Post

NEVER went on with hacked bios, chip ALWAYS off, always with a larger drive (250 - 500GB) (all were virgin) and these eeproms were never on Live before either so it shouldn't be a marriage issue. Can you think of anything else it could be? This is getting regoddamndiculous. grr.gif

Oh and no, never any hacked or modded files either. I don't do Halo 2... Just racing, fighting and sports... Could the non-retail files on my C & E have anything to do with it?

Did you use the same GT every time ?
IF so, it is probably because of your HDD.
When you get banned the first time, your GT is flagged, and if you use the same GT on a system with new eeprom and new "large" HDD, you get banned again.
If you can i would recomment you get another system and keep it "virgin" for XBL.
I have been banned as well, so I found an xbox that needed repair, to be safe I put a new epprom on it and put in my original xbox HDD from my first unit.

#9 shjon25

shjon25

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 01:25 PM

Ok, here's the deal, I got all the eeproms from friends systems that have less than zero interest in Live, thus they were NEVER on there and never will be. Also, every time I switched eeproms, I always made up a new GT. Any other ideas?

#10 Kinryuu

Kinryuu

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 April 2006 - 02:36 AM

I've experienced the exact same thing with my TSOP mod. I have a switch installed and everything had been going great. After a few days of playing on Xbox Live, I got banhammered. The only thing I can think of is that MS is cracking down harder on mods because of Halo2 cheating that they came up with some other means of checking if you have a modded box. Unless someone has any bright ideas, I think we're boned.

#11 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,743 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 22 April 2006 - 03:51 AM

QUOTE(Kinryuu @ Apr 21 2006, 08:43 PM) View Post

I've experienced the exact same thing with my TSOP mod. I have a switch installed and everything had been going great. After a few days of playing on Xbox Live, I got banhammered. The only thing I can think of is that MS is cracking down harder on mods because of Halo2 cheating that they came up with some other means of checking if you have a modded box. Unless someone has any bright ideas, I think we're boned.

i think if they were starting a new type of scan wed be seeing alot more people being banned for aprently no reason

#12 Hitcher

Hitcher

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 09:11 AM

Same here - new EEPROM, new HDD and New GamerTag - fine for the first day, next day banned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users