Smidley

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 12 April 2006 - 11:35 PM

It booted a little slow but OK, but the controller doesn't seem to be compatible. I hooked up my MS Wireless Desktop Elite Duo keyboard and mouse (both go through one USB port), but only the keyboard worked. I never had any problems with this device under Gentoox.

Upon booting again, I took a closer look at the verbose. It said something like "there is already a device assigned to input." I'm assuming it loaded the keyboard, but when it tried to subsequently load the mouse it ran into a device conflict. Even if the mouse and keyboard had their own dedicated USB ports, I doubt it would solve the problem.

A good effort, but it's not there yet.

Edited by Smidley, 12 April 2006 - 11:36 PM.

#17 noob2modding

noob2modding

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 03:34 PM

anyone know the login name and password to use this?

#18 raid517

raid517

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 04:44 AM

Hi, I don't suppose anyone has any clue how to change the keyboard layout on this? I know it's a long shot, but I'm grasping at straws now.

Currently the keyboard layout appears to be in German - and despite changing this in Xorg.conf, this has had no effect.

How do I change the system wide default keyboard layout in linux?

GJ

#19 NeoTony

NeoTony

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 03:37 AM

I just got xUbuntu (Live CD) fully working on my softmodded Xbox. biggrin.gif I burned the iso to an Office Depot CD-R/W, since the TDK CD-R/W I started with didn't read well at all on my Samsung drive. I also bought a wireless USB keyboard & mouse made by Micro Innovations at Wal-mart for $30, both of which were recognized in xUbuntu (I understand that many mice for such combos aren't). I logged-in using "live" as the logon AND password. The main & final problem I had to correct was getting Firefox to go out to the Internet. I had the right settings for my Xbox's IP address and Gateway that xUbuntu uses by default, but the DNS wasn't set to the correct address of my router (192.168.0.2). After some digging, I found that the DNS address is saved in a file under "/etc/resolv.conf", which I was able to locate. I was able to edit it with the text editor in-cluded with xUbuntu and surprisingly was also able to save these changes (changed "192.168.64.1" to "192.168.0.2"). I presume this file was saved to the Z-partition, which I understand is also used for the swap file. However, I suppose I may need to repeat this process the next time I boot up using my Live CD. I was also very limited in the type of pages that could be pulled-up, restricted mostly to simple Google searches (although Google image searches could also be pulled-up fine). I noticed that the <y> & <z> keys were reversed too, which I think is most likely because this is the standard German keyboard layout. For some further/related info., refer to the following link: http://www.xbox-linux.org/wiki/XUbuntu .

#20 Evox117

Evox117

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Interests:Hacking xbox's.......PC's....And skateboarding....And Fire....Im a HUGE pyro.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 26 May 2006 - 01:49 AM

Hurm...It sucks that this has a login screen. Because not only do the controller drivers fail but Us without keyboards (me) cant log in. Oh well. If the porters arnt smart enough to include those things...Then perhaps we shouldnt be using there system.

#21 QuickFirePT

QuickFirePT

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 9 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 July 2006 - 11:48 PM

Is there any way of getting a Hd version of this?
I'm a total fan of Ubuntu, but I can't run this on my Xbox because I don't have any dvd drive smile.gif

#22 PsiDOC

PsiDOC

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 376 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 16 August 2008 - 06:52 PM

Tried the latest distro of this and the live cd crashes out on a kernel panic in the squashfs part of the boot.
SQUASHFS error: zlib_fs returned unexpected result 0xfffffffd
SQUASHFS error: Unable to read fragment cache block [1b6500]

Then a whole lot of other zlib_fs and read errors pertaning to the above
and
exec: 221: .: Permission denied
Kernel Panic: Attempted to kill init

I have used 3 different types of media including, ll which read correctly with other files / programs in the xbox.

Anyone with linux experience have any suggestions?

Ta.
Psi

#23 jaroc

jaroc

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Interests:Xbox and Sports
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE(Evox117 @ May 25 2006, 07:49 PM) View Post

Hurm...It sucks that this has a login screen. Because not only do the controller drivers fail but Us without keyboards (me) cant log in. Oh well. If the porters arnt smart enough to include those things...Then perhaps we shouldnt be using there system.

Perhaps you shouldn't be commenting on others' intelligence while misspelling simple words like "aren't", capitalizing "Us" in the middle of a sentence, and using "there" instead of "their" lol

#24 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:18 AM

IPB Image

Edited by xboxmods2977, 26 October 2011 - 05:44 AM.

#25 luther349

luther349

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 04:38 AM

umm ok but Ubuntu 5 is forever old.

#26 ViSiON2099

ViSiON2099

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:59 AM

to be honest.... i dont like it at all... it is SSSLLLOOOWWWWW... there are black lines through a part of my screen.. the mouse started trailing to the left about 10 min. in... it is set up for dial-up and cant figure out how to set up broadband.... took about 2 full minutes to load mozilla browser..... did i mention that its SSLLLOOOWWWW... doesnt tell u how to load from hdd, if u transfer files to hdd it hangs on black screen. im gonna try xebian or gentoox next! i tried gentoox about 5 years ago and i was impressed by it then.. i was surprised that my wireless logitech mouse/keyboard combo worked without manually loading any drivers.

Edited by ViSiON2099, 14 November 2011 - 10:03 AM.

#27 luther349

luther349

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 05:45 PM

yea using something mainline like ubuntu just isn't gonna happen even if we rebuild all the drivers. but something like puppy tiny core or even arch would probably still work being there all base Linux without the fat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users