X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 April 2006 - 10:56 AM

Hey,

Just got home from work, loaded up kameo and there was an update available for download.

Anyone got any idea what it was for? is there a site that lists the updates and what they changed/fixed/added?

Thanks

#2 lowendfrequency

lowendfrequency

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 06 April 2006 - 01:35 PM

I heard that Kameo was getting extra content this week, although I'm not sure what it was.

#3 tommy600

tommy600

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 06 April 2006 - 01:39 PM

It says that it's the online co-op mode which was supposed to ship with the original game. It would have been worth a download if I still had the game but oh well.

#4 tommy600

tommy600

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 03:49 PM

There are also 9 new acheivements which you can see HERE. Since the game already has 1000 gamerpoints these are all worth zero.

#5 DaForce

DaForce

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 02:10 AM

Ahhhh cool thanks.. online coop.. seems sensible. The update was tiny took like 5 seconds to download.. maybe it was already there.. just needed unlocking (online coop that is)

Mmmm 9 more worthless achievements.. *sigh*

Thanks again lads biggrin.gif

#6 DarkDeity

DarkDeity

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 02:01 AM

i think it also fixed the fact that if you got an achievement without being on live it didnt award it toyou.... ie i unlocked deep blue, but didnt get an ahievement... when i updated Kameo it gave the achievement to me

#7 DaForce

DaForce

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 01:21 AM

ahh ok .. thats pretty cool. Good that they fixed that.

I just finished Kameo yesterday... great game biggrin.gif now to find those last 13 fruits.

#8 penguin318

penguin318

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 10 April 2006 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE(DarkDeity @ Apr 9 2006, 02:08 AM) View Post

i think it also fixed the fact that if you got an achievement without being on live it didnt award it toyou.... ie i unlocked deep blue, but didnt get an ahievement... when i updated Kameo it gave the achievement to me

i won "be first to play" we got our 360's 8 days befor launch with kameo. could not log into LIVE but i got achivements

"Found Deep Blue
Kameo can transform into five Elemental Warriors
Acquired 11/19/2005 "

edit* maybe by the time i got it i could log into live as it is one of the first one's that show the date

Edited by penguin318, 10 April 2006 - 10:14 AM.

#9 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 10 April 2006 - 01:59 PM

if it has an acquired date then you were on Live, achievements without an acquired date were acquired offline.

This is great... now I can go through and finish the co-op modes

that's cool that they added achievements, it would have been nice if they lowered the points of the other achievements so that these would be worth something though. A Ranking is no easy task... though I suppose bragging rights with the badge is worth more then any points they'd be giving out smile.gif

#10 DaForce

DaForce

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 05:37 AM

twistedsymphony:
Have you seen the A ranking videos that are linked to via a txt file on the achieve360points.com?
Has a bunch of levels (all maybe) as some chaps efforts to get A ranking on all levels. Ends up with like a squillion points.. lol
Interesting to watch biggrin.gif

#11 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.

Posted 11 April 2006 - 12:30 PM

QUOTE(DaForce @ Apr 11 2006, 12:44 AM) View Post

twistedsymphony:
Have you seen the A ranking videos that are linked to via a txt file on the achieve360points.com?
Has a bunch of levels (all maybe) as some chaps efforts to get A ranking on all levels. Ends up with like a squillion points.. lol
Interesting to watch biggrin.gif

I'll have to check that out, thanks beerchug.gif

#12 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 11 April 2006 - 03:15 PM

pretty nice web site, every one is going after the same stuff so we dont have to clutter it up here beerchug.gif

#13 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • 10,466 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE(hamwbone @ Apr 11 2006, 10:22 AM) View Post

pretty nice web site, every one is going after the same stuff so we dont have to clutter it up here beerchug.gif
meh... it's ok, I've used it for a few achievements here and there but in general their motto says it all "every point counts" yes because we're all gamerscore whores. Most of their guides just describe the cheapest way to get to 1000, lots of in accurate information and the thing that pisses me off most is the guy who submitted the PGR3 guide ripped off most of the one I wrote here... VERBATIM dry.gif I was reading through it thinking to myself "gee this guy's got a writing style very similar to mine" then I hit something that just struck me as TOO similar. compairing the two a good number of achievement how tos were just straight up ripped-off, and a good number of the rest was ripped off witha little bit of info missing or added. Makes me wonder how many of their other guides are ripped off.

It's useful for looking at the achievement list for upcoming games but aside from that I find that site mostly useless, certainly don't have as much useful information as say, gamefaqs.

Edited by twistedsymphony, 11 April 2006 - 06:22 PM.

#14 DaForce

DaForce

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 01:25 AM

yeah handy website, but you can find out what most of the achievements require thru the xbox anyways.

Sure some of the text files have some good info (especially those kameo A ranked videos).

All i really use it for.. is a quick scan of the achievments just to know what i need to aim for roughly.

#15 fastTOE

fastTOE

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 02:32 AM

i wonder if pgr will take a similar aproach when they add the acheivements,... i know they only had 900 to begin with so they have one hundred points to work with,... but i wonder if they'll make like 50 new acheivements worth 2 pts each or something, purely for bragging rights......

(sorry for partial thread hijacking)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users