Chamrock

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 06 April 2006 - 05:28 PM

This is the first time I see something like this really. I am an experienced installer so I am surprised to see this happen. The motherboad is a 1.6b version with Hynix RAM. Yes, I have flashed the XenoFX chip with Yoshihiros fixed 1.6b code, but the Xbox starts normally sometimes but could pretty often like 1/3 times start to freeze during the intro and the sound goes on. Any idea what is going on? I have tested the chip in my 1.6 and I have turned it on/off many times without this behaviour.

#2 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,997 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 26 April 2006 - 09:08 AM

I would try a different bios like Evox M8_16plus, I can't remember if the bios your using is a Beta version, could be wrong

#3 Nightbird

Nightbird

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 April 2006 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE(Chamrock @ Apr 6 2006, 05:35 PM) View Post

This is the first time I see something like this really. I am an experienced installer so I am surprised to see this happen. The motherboad is a 1.6b version with Hynix RAM. Yes, I have flashed the XenoFX chip with Yoshihiros fixed 1.6b code, but the Xbox starts normally sometimes but could pretty often like 1/3 times start to freeze during the intro and the sound goes on. Any idea what is going on? I have tested the chip in my 1.6 and I have turned it on/off many times without this behaviour.

Check your dvdrom cable. Xbox's do this when the dvdrom drive ide cable is loose or unplugged.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users