3 replies to this topic

#1 danwguy

danwguy

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 06:31 AM

not sure if this has been asked before but I was wondering if there was a reason you cant use skins from say 1.1 with 2.0 or whatever the versions are. I have that new xbmac skin out and i just updated my xbmc to the new tech cvs release and now the skin doesnt work. I really liked that skin as i could do 1080i without the text shrinking to an unreadable size. is there a way to use older skins or is that very hard to code or what? thank you

#2 ceomr

ceomr

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 April 2006 - 07:01 AM

-> Required changes for skin v1.3

-> Proposed changes for skin v2.0

cheers ceomr

#3 MickRick

MickRick

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 08 April 2006 - 11:42 AM

Edit your skin's .xml file and change the version number to 2.00 and save it. Restart XBMC and choose the non-working skin. It should now load. You can then check compatibility. I have found that my favourite skin, MCE 2005 v4.0 loads ok but none of the settings buttons work. So I'm stuck with CEOMR Media Center 2, which is a very second best.

#4 JayDee

JayDee

X-S Legend

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,750 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 08 April 2006 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE(MickRick @ Apr 8 2006, 12:49 PM) View Post

Edit your skin's .xml file and change the version number to 2.00 and save it. Restart XBMC and choose the non-working skin. It should now load. You can then check compatibility. I have found that my favourite skin, MCE 2005 v4.0 loads ok but none of the settings buttons work. So I'm stuck with CEOMR Media Center 2, which is a very second best.

If you do the above you should also know this:

Do not post about ANY problems you may have with XBMC

Only post if you have the problem with the original PM3 skin to aviod dupe bug reports...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users