8 replies to this topic

#1 sp44

sp44

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 05:38 AM

I use to use EvoX to copy stuff over from the PC to the Xbox. Now that XBMC is my dashboard I can't figure out how to ftp into it. Any help would be much appreciated.

#2 Tickethead

Tickethead

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 05:50 AM

Can you get back to evox by going in to Programs or looking under MyFiles. You should be able to launch Evox through one of those methods and once evox is loaded FTP back in to your xbox and clean up the mess you made and it would be my suggestion to FTP your XBMC to your xbox once everything is back in order.... I know alot of people do it the way you did but I prefer using FTP. It gives me total control and visibility of where things are placed. To date I have never had a problem with this method. Good Luck! wink.gif

#3 funnyperson1

funnyperson1

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 08 April 2006 - 08:40 AM

Go to the settings menu in Xbmc, go to network, scroll down to servers, enable FTP server and set l/p to whatever you want it to be, now FTP should work in XBMC.

Edited by funnyperson1, 08 April 2006 - 08:44 AM.

#4 JayDee

JayDee

X-S Legend

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,750 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 08 April 2006 - 11:10 AM

Also check the ip the xbox now have...

Press the right thumbstick down and choose info and you will see the ip....

#5 sp44

sp44

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 03:26 PM

QUOTE(Tickethead @ Apr 8 2006, 05:57 AM) View Post

Can you get back to evox by going in to Programs or looking under MyFiles. You should be able to launch Evox through one of those methods and once evox is loaded FTP back in to your xbox and clean up the mess you made and it would be my suggestion to FTP your XBMC to your xbox once everything is back in order.... I know alot of people do it the way you did but I prefer using FTP. It gives me total control and visibility of where things are placed. To date I have never had a problem with this method. Good Luck! wink.gif

I can't get back into Evox cause I am using evoxdash.xbe for XBMC. When I click on it it launches XBMC again.

QUOTE(funnyperson1 @ Apr 8 2006, 08:47 AM) View Post

Go to the settings menu in Xbmc, go to network, scroll down to servers, enable FTP server and set l/p to whatever you want it to be, now FTP should work in XBMC.

Isn't this for FTP'ing from the Xbox to a PC not from the PC to the Xbox like I'm trying to do?

QUOTE(JayDee @ Apr 8 2006, 11:17 AM) View Post

Also check the ip the xbox now have...

Press the right thumbstick down and choose info and you will see the ip....

Should I keep the IP setting to say "default dashboard" or just do static? I'm also assuming the user/password is still xbox/xbox like it was for Evox?

Edited by sp44, 08 April 2006 - 03:27 PM.

#6 JustinT9669

JustinT9669

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 08 April 2006 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE(sp44 @ Apr 8 2006, 06:33 AM) View Post

Should I keep the IP setting to say "default dashboard" or just do static? I'm also assuming the user/password is still xbox/xbox like it was for Evox?

no, just follow what JayDee said.

Press the right thumbstick down and choose info and you will see the ip. then ftp using that ip.

#7 sp44

sp44

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE(JustinT9669 @ Apr 8 2006, 03:39 PM) View Post

no, just follow what JayDee said.

Press the right thumbstick down and choose info and you will see the ip. then ftp using that ip.

Yeah that's not working. I did 192.168.0.102 like it said in the info. Is there any other settings in Network setup that I could have incorrect?

#8 JayDee

JayDee

X-S Legend

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,750 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 08 April 2006 - 04:13 PM

Isn't this for FTP'ing from the Xbox to a PC not from the PC to the Xbox like I'm trying to do?

No it is for pc->xbox

When it is off, then there is no ftp server running on the xbox and you can not connect to it.

#9 sp44

sp44

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE(JayDee @ Apr 8 2006, 04:20 PM) View Post

No it is for pc->xbox

When it is off, then there is no ftp server running on the xbox and you can not connect to it.

Thanks much! That did it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users