Rhionin

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 08 April 2006 - 05:43 AM

Ok I am attempting to install the Xenium SP Ice Solderless chip into my v1.0 xbox and... well, so far nothing has happened.. I put the solderless adapter on and I have the D0 set correctly. I plugged in the chip and turned my xbox on but.. nothing happened..

The tutorials all show the solderless LPC adapter with.. well, less points than mine. Mine came with all 15 pins already inside the adapter. Am I only supposed to have those respective pins in my adapter when I put them in or does it matter? If it does matter, how do I pull them out?

#2 Rhionin

Rhionin

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 06:12 AM

I hate to double post but I couldn't find the edit button!

update: I screwed the solderless adaptor on a bit tighter and the chip now lights up red when my xbox boots but it turns on / off 3 times and then frags.

#3 JonBOY

JonBOY

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 April 2006 - 08:50 AM

so you're attempting an install with the solderless adapter that has the little hook hanging off the side of it right?

First thing you want to try is a recovery. This involves moving the little switch on the side of the xenium chip into the recovery position. The point of a recovery is to 're-install' the Xenium operating system on the chip. Sometimes the OS gets corrupted and can be a cause of the 3 reboot frag. You'll need to make a Xenium OS recovery disc for this. There is a tute on how to do this here.....

http://www.teamxodus...ewtopic&t=12562

you'll also need to get the Xenium OS to make to CD from, and thats avalable here.......

http://www.teamxodus...download&cid=15

Try the iso version first, should be a matter of simply right clicking the iso image, selecting open with Nero. In nero, select 'write at once' and 'finalise disc'. Also, be sure to burn the disc as slow as possible and be sure to verify the data burnt properly. If is doesn't work, try different media (ie CD-R vs DVD-R vs CD-RW etc)

Whilst thats burning up, I'd pull the solderless adapter back out, get some iso propyl alcohol and a few cotton tips and re-clean all you LPC contacts on the motherboard as well as the d0 via you're inserting the d0 hook into. Also, if you're not sure if you have the d0 hook in the correct hole, check the downloads sections where those other guides are for a guide on locating your xbox d0 point.

Once you sort these dramas out, you're goig to want a copy of the 'The Iceguide', so you might as well as get that too if you don't already have it. This will guide you through the rest of the setup.

Edited by JonBOY, 08 April 2006 - 08:53 AM.

#4 Rhionin

Rhionin

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 02:35 PM

Uuh.... wow I feel really stupid. Turns out that the switch was, well.. switched. It took me a while to figure out what the picture on the screen was referring to since the switch is practically invisible unless you are looking for it. Well I have my bios up and running now and I actually already have a SlaYers disk burned, but my DVD drive is too old to read it. 1.0 ya know? So where do I find this iceguide? I'm having a few troubles finding the right bios to use.

#5 JonBOY

JonBOY

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 03:21 AM

The Iceguide is in the downloads section, or you can just google 'The Iceguide' and you'll see the 'Noobs Guide to Everything'.

As for the bios to use, I'd go with X2 5035. The .rar folder contains two versions, one called 'Old' for v1.0 to 1.5 xbox and one called '16' for v1.6. Be sure to use the 'old' one

If X2 5035 gives you grief tryng to configure it with X2OOL, try out X2 4983. Its a simple bios that's works great. If you're planning to upgrade your HDD with an F drive only (for HDDs up to 250 gig), you'll want the 4983.06 version, if you're going to run an F plus a G drive (HDDs greater then 250 gig), you'll want 4983.67.

If you're not sure on where you can find the files you need, only thing I can tell you is to check out the tute on accessing Xbins

#6 JonBOY

JonBOY

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 03:38 AM

seriously man, if you're drive wont read the disc, I'd simply transfer everything you want to install by FTP'ing it across from your PC. It's a piece of cake. The Iceguide has details on FTP'ing into your box.

If you plan on upgrading to a larger drive, use the HDD upgrade wizard before installing all your dash/apps, keep your retails drive like new as a fall back incase anything gets corrupted. Be sure to pay attention to the stuff in the Iceguide on backing up your EEPROM too, this is very important.

If you'd prefer to stick with the slayer autoinstaller though, try re-burning it to different media types, ie CD-RW, CD-R, DVD-R, you'll find one that works. You could probably save yourself some time by googling your Xbix drive version (Thompson, Samsung etc) and finding out what media types it compatible with. Theres probably a guide on it actually.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users