Photo

Locked Hard Drive Using Xboxhdm, Now Won't Unlock!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 tmoneyman

tmoneyman

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 06:43 AM

Hey everyone, well I have this weird problem and would love to get it fixed.

I have a Maxtor 250gb hard drive, that was already formatted and unlocked. I decided I wanted to put it in a softmodded xbox. I transfered over my xboxes eeprom.bin folder and put it in the eeprom folder in Xboxhdm, made the cd rom iso and booted the xboxhdm with my 250gb hard drive in.

I then built new hard drive from scratch and put everything from my C and E folder on my original xbox to my new hard drive. After that was done, the real problem Happened.

I tried locking my drive using lockhd -a, and it locked, rebooted my my pc. Took out the hard drive, and put it in my xbox, it said error 6. I thought ok I'll just unlock it and try again. NOW THE HARD DRIVE WONT UNLOCK!.

I tried the unlock -a and it show my hd key and eeprom password, but it still won't unlock. I see that it says security enabled and security locked, does that mean something? Do I have to disable security locking or something. Also I tried using atapwd, and put in master password XBOXSCENE and that won't work, i tried TEAMASSEMBLY too. I can't seem to unlock this hard drive, I'm stumped.

It must be something with my bios or something, cause if I locked it with xboxhdm, than I should be able to unlock it with master password XBOXSCENE right?, I don't know, please help me out, thanks alot.

#2 dalvenjia

dalvenjia

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 09 April 2006 - 02:26 AM

your bios might be freezing your drive

try plugging the hd after the bios boot at te sceern where you select the options in xbhdm thn selec boot linux with locking unlockin and use the same eeprom.bin to unlock

hope this help out

#3 alexpb1

alexpb1

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 09 April 2006 - 04:51 AM

If that doesnt work, boot up your comp, press the key(s) to get into your BIOS and look for IDE COnfiguration, and then look for security settings, and change them from <Auto> to "<Disabled> and then save and reboot and try to unlock drive.

Its what i had to do.

After it works (if it does) change your bios settings back to <auto>

#4 coliphage2

coliphage2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 07:40 PM

I have the same problem as tmoneyman and I tried to boot with IDE cable off and disabled the auto detection. Still no luck! I am sure the HD is lockable since many people have reported that.

What should I do? Use another computer?

#5 Moonfrost

Moonfrost

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 05:10 PM

There's like no people left in this forum, I have a very similar problem and I posted another topic about it and there's only one person who tried to help me (thanks Idotsfan) but there's absolutely nobody else. And checking the other topics the only 2 people who seem to be around are Idotsfan and Bombbloke (or something like that) otherwise there's nobody else. It seems everybody has abandoned the Xbox1 section at least.

#6 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,567 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 06:52 PM

Not true, really we just spam like crazy so no one else can get a word in edgewise. wink.gif

Your particular problem is just a rather obscure one; I've never heard of XBoxHDM incorrectly locking a drive with the EEPROM present, and I doubt many other people have, either.

Edited by Bomb Bloke, 14 July 2008 - 06:52 PM.

#7 SpartanSniperII

SpartanSniperII

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 10:51 AM

I have this exact same problem, and it's very frustrating

#8 evilsanta666

evilsanta666

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:06 PM

i just felt the need to add this tongue.gif.
back when i first started modding, i had all of these problems and more with locking and unlocking (being a complete n00b at the time).

i do remember, however, switching to a different computer (older one at that) and it seemed to work perfectly.
when i tried to use xboxhdm on the first computer it would never even read the eeprom from my disk and i had to use a floppy disk (remember those?) with only my eeprom.bin on it.

after all of that, i tried using a friends computer and it worked with no problems at all.

i have no clue what it was (being lazy and all), but i just thought i would add it in case it helps anyone.

-ES

#9 kaneda_77

kaneda_77

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 14 February 2010 - 08:21 AM

isn't there a default password to unlock the hard drive?

"xbox-scene" or something like that

#10 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 February 2010 - 12:24 AM

isn't there a default password to unlock the hard drive?

"xbox-scene" or something like that

Are you trying to help the original poster from FOUR years ago?

Or are you asking for help?

#11 kaneda_77

kaneda_77

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 15 February 2010 - 03:42 AM

haha, asking for help.

#12 steveo1978

steveo1978

Super Moderator

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 15 February 2010 - 03:46 AM

if you are asking for help yes that is one of the master passwords that the xbox hdd may have

#13 santner5

santner5

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 03:56 AM

yes this is very annoying because this is pretty much the last step down this crazy noob world....i have a west. digital 160g hdd and it just keeps coming up "Aborting!" tried plugging the ide at startup screen...not sure what else to do...eeprom is on there and have tried another hdd of mine...please any other suggestions????

#14 pgastfld

pgastfld

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE(tmoneyman @ Apr 7 2006, 09:43 PM) View Post

Hey everyone, well I have this weird problem and would love to get it fixed.

I have a Maxtor 250gb hard drive, that was already formatted and unlocked. I decided I wanted to put it in a softmodded xbox. I transfered over my xboxes eeprom.bin folder and put it in the eeprom folder in Xboxhdm, made the cd rom iso and booted the xboxhdm with my 250gb hard drive in.

I then built new hard drive from scratch and put everything from my C and E folder on my original xbox to my new hard drive. After that was done, the real problem Happened.

I tried locking my drive using lockhd -a, and it locked, rebooted my my pc. Took out the hard drive, and put it in my xbox, it said error 6. I thought ok I'll just unlock it and try again. NOW THE HARD DRIVE WONT UNLOCK!.

I tried the unlock -a and it show my hd key and eeprom password, but it still won't unlock. I see that it says security enabled and security locked, does that mean something? Do I have to disable security locking or something. Also I tried using atapwd, and put in master password XBOXSCENE and that won't work, i tried TEAMASSEMBLY too. I can't seem to unlock this hard drive, I'm stumped.

It must be something with my bios or something, cause if I locked it with xboxhdm, than I should be able to unlock it with master password XBOXSCENE right?, I don't know, please help me out, thanks alot.

Try making sure the drive JUMPER is in the MASTER position and that the drive is on the PRIMARY MASTER connector. I'm having trouble with the drive not wanting to detect as master, henceforth it won't work for locking or unlocking.also, if it won't detect using those settings, try plugging another drive into the slave connector. otherwise try a different computer, as has already been stated in a previous post.

Edited by pgastfld, 23 December 2011 - 11:09 PM.

#15 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 24 December 2011 - 01:35 AM

That post is from 2006. I doubt he's still waiting for a reply - he hasn't logged in since 20th December 2009 - 01:53 AM.........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users