Luriden

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 09 April 2006 - 08:42 AM

Like the title says, is there any way to get cover art to work for MS soundtracks? I added a folder.jpg to the album folders in TDATA but it didn't work. I also searched for Album Information with them, and though I got the art showing for the folders, it still shows the little space invader art for the songs in the corner of the screen and on the main menu.

#2 Luriden

Luriden

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 12:10 AM

bump

#3 slumberpod77

slumberpod77

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Interests:music, music, music, computers, audio engineering, gaming, code monkeying, music again
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 April 2006 - 07:29 AM

you would have to either embed the art into the WMA files or use the filename.tbn method...

#4 Luriden

Luriden

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE(slumberpod77 @ Apr 10 2006, 01:36 AM) View Post

you would have to either embed the art into the WMA files or use the filename.tbn method...

How would I go about doing either of those?

#5 Luriden

Luriden

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 03:59 AM

bump

#6 Luriden

Luriden

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 03:45 AM

bump

#7 Luriden

Luriden

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 06:05 PM

bump

#8 bconnolly

bconnolly

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE(Luriden @ Apr 10 2006, 10:08 AM) View Post

How would I go about doing either of those?

Using WMP, I'm sure you can embed the folder.jpg into the ID3 information (just like iTunes can do for its files). The filename.tbn method just means you take the folder.jpg and rename it to default.tbn and put it in the folder where the files are (as far as I understand it).

#9 slumberpod77

slumberpod77

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Interests:music, music, music, computers, audio engineering, gaming, code monkeying, music again

Posted 12 April 2006 - 06:41 PM

dude, it's in the manual. you need to learn to RTFM before you bump stuff 18 million times...
any file anywhere in XBMC can be given a custom icon simply by putting an appropriate graphic file in the appropriate place. generally speaking you can use PNG, JPG, or BMP formats for your icons, and it's best to use square graphics 100 to 300 pixels in size @ 72 dpi.
example 1: My Programs
-----------------------------
say you have a game at F:\Games\Some Game\.
the actual game executable is F:\Games\Some Game\default.xbe.
knowing this, you should transfer your desired icon graphic to F:\Games\Some Game\.
now, rename it to "default.tbn". (the TBN extension means "thumbnail").

example 2: Media Files
--------------------------
lets say you have a media file in some arbitrary location: "E:\My Media Which Rocks\A Song I Like.mp3"
put your desired icon graphic file into the same directory as the media file, then give it the same file name as that file, only with the TBN file extension.
Media File-> E:\My Media Which Rocks\A Song I Like.mp3
Icon File-> E:\My Media Which Rocks\A Song I Like.tbn

this also works for video files...

Edited by slumberpod77, 12 April 2006 - 06:42 PM.

#10 Luriden

Luriden

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE(slumberpod77 @ Apr 12 2006, 12:48 PM) View Post

dude, it's in the manual. you need to learn to RTFM before you bump stuff 18 million times...
any file anywhere in XBMC can be given a custom icon simply by putting an appropriate graphic file in the appropriate place. generally speaking you can use PNG, JPG, or BMP formats for your icons, and it's best to use square graphics 100 to 300 pixels in size @ 72 dpi.
example 1: My Programs
-----------------------------
say you have a game at F:\Games\Some Game\.
the actual game executable is F:\Games\Some Game\default.xbe.
knowing this, you should transfer your desired icon graphic to F:\Games\Some Game\.
now, rename it to "default.tbn". (the TBN extension means "thumbnail").

example 2: Media Files
--------------------------
lets say you have a media file in some arbitrary location: "E:\My Media Which Rocks\A Song I Like.mp3"
put your desired icon graphic file into the same directory as the media file, then give it the same file name as that file, only with the TBN file extension.
Media File-> E:\My Media Which Rocks\A Song I Like.mp3
Icon File-> E:\My Media Which Rocks\A Song I Like.tbn

this also works for video files...

K, sorry about all the bumps. Well...not really, but thanks for the info.

However, I already know about all of this. I'm not doing this for mp3s, I'm doing it for the custom soundtracks in the TDATA directory. I've tried putting both tbn and jpg files in the directory, neither which work. Am I supposed to make a tbn for each file or what? I know putting a folder.jpg or tbn in an mp3 folder gives that folder cover art, but it doesn't work for the TDATA music.

#11 slumberpod77

slumberpod77

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 01:56 AM

please read & comprehend my post, it does in fact work for ANY MEDIA FILE ANYWHERE ON THE XBOX, provided you actually follow the instructions...

-EDIT-
i feel sorry for you, so i decided to post examples from my own soundtracks (which all have tbn files because i kick your ass).

ALL of your soundtracks will be found at E:\TDATA\fffe0000\music\, inside numbered sub-directories (one for each soundtrack). i have one in a directory named "0000" which i will use as an example.

inside of E:\TDATA\fffe0000\music\0000\ i have a bunch of WMA files with names like 00000001.wma, 0000000f.wma, etc.
to do a specific example lets work on 00000001.wma, which in my soundtrack is A Perfect Circle-Judith (Renholder Mix). i got this track from the Underworld soundtrack, so i wanna use that cover art as the icon.

here is a suitable (if a bit large) graphic file:
http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B0000AYL3Q.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
IPB Image

the actual file i am working on (once again), is found at:
E:\TDATA\fffe0000\music\0000\00000001.wma
as a result, i need to upload & rename the above graphic like so:
E:\TDATA\fffe0000\music\0000\00000001.tbn
it's not that hard, people...

Edited by slumberpod77, 13 April 2006 - 02:08 AM.

#12 Luriden

Luriden

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 02:25 AM

Um....so you do have to name the thumbnail to go with each individual track, that's what I freakin said in my post. Or does it cover the rest of the tracks as well when you switch it with the first one?

Or better yet, fuck it entirely. I don't want to waste your sweet precious time like I already have so far.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users