X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:sports music xbox
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 10 April 2006 - 04:20 AM

k, i wanted to switch from itunes to winamp, so i did it, got all the ipod plugins for winamp, but then i wasn't digging winamp, so i tried to swictch back to itunes. But now when i plug in my ipod it gives me the following message:
"iTunes cannot read the contents of the Ipod. Use the Ipod software updater application to restore the ipod to default factory settings"

so i put in the CD, ran it, restarted it, and it is still giving me the same error message. Do i need to format my ipod or what?

#2 killerbootsman

killerbootsman

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:sports music xbox
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 10 April 2006 - 04:59 AM

As i try and listen to my ipod, there are only about 1/5 of what i originally had on there, and none of the videos work. Winamp must have done something to mess up my ipod, but what? And is it reversible?

#3 netdevil69

netdevil69

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • Interests:Playing the Drums and Bass. Listen to music (rock, punk, funk). Building Computers. hmmm..Xbox?
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 April 2006 - 11:23 AM

The music database on your ipod has become corrupt (i know this because that plugin also did the same thing to me) dry.gif
The files should still be phisicaly present, so all thet needs to be done is rebuild the database (you have a 70/30 chance of this working, for several reasons, Apple keeps changing the database formating and all the software that can write to the database is buggy)

The software you need to do this is called ephpod, once you get that, theres an option somewhere for rebuilding the ipod database. But the chances are, you'll have to format and start again.

gud luk

smile.gif

#4 Kraptreon

Kraptreon

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:they smell like cheese but they're not they're more like frogs
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 12 April 2006 - 01:09 AM

i don't know exactly what your problem is but i hope this helps http://www.command-t...-ipod-commands/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users