Need Help On Purchasing A 360 System
Posted 10 April 2006 - 05:50 AM
1. Headset -- Are there any good ones? Preferrably wireless.
2. Surround Sound -- I have a nice surround sound setup, and I'm wondering exactly how the 360 system connects to it. And are all the games done in surround sound, or just a couple?
3. Video -- This is the big question. Ok, I have a 36" Sony, which isn't that great. It only has the typical Red/Yellow/White connector (think that's composite or AV connection), and S-Video. I don't have the money to get an HDTV at this time, but I think I recall someone saying it still looks great even on a regular TV. What is your opinion? Also, I was always under the impression that S-Video was better than the regular (Red/Yellow/White) connection. I mean Nintendo used this. I think the regular X-Box used S-Video at least. I'd hate to think they went that far back and didn't supply an S-Video connection.
4. How well does the wireless ethernet receiver work? My laptop receives a full signal all over the house, so I'd think it would be decent.
Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.
Posted 10 April 2006 - 06:56 AM
2. Optic cable. Same way as the original xbox. I believe all the games accept it.
3. ? I use composite.
Posted 10 April 2006 - 06:57 AM
And yes, Xbox and Xbox 360 games do support Dolby Digital.
You obviously won't be able to see as much detail on a non-HDTV, but draw distances and colors are the same on any TV you use. Also, S-Video will give you a noticeably better picture than composite video.
Posted 10 April 2006 - 12:49 PM
Just to clarify one last thing...The 360 does come with an S-Video connector then, and not just the Composite?
Posted 10 April 2006 - 01:07 PM
Posted 10 April 2006 - 11:17 PM
Now to just sell my laptop, and hope I can find a 360 available lol.
Posted 11 April 2006 - 03:03 AM
Posted 11 April 2006 - 05:15 AM
I doubt you'll have to much trouble.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users