XBANDGUY

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 April 2006 - 04:26 PM

I heard reviews that the game was utter crap. If you have the game for 360 please post your review. I am a big baseball fan and I was hoping to have at least a playable game of baseball this year.

Thanks in advance!

#2 tonloc79

tonloc79

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 10 April 2006 - 07:01 PM

Thought it wasnt out till tomarrow? Where have you seen a review by the way?

Edited by tonloc79, 10 April 2006 - 07:01 PM.

#3 XBANDGUY

XBANDGUY

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 07:08 PM

The reviews I am refering to are from the PS2 and Xbox versions of the game. Being that this game is a port over it will probably be pretty bad as well. Not sure if the game is out today or tomorrow. But when and if anyone buys this game please give a review.

#4 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 April 2006 - 09:26 PM

i thought i remember reading of how this was going to be a great baseball game. all of the previews seemed positive that the exclusive 3rd part lisence was in good hands. im sure it cant be that bad, the 2k series has been one of the best baseball games for years now.

#5 XBANDGUY

XBANDGUY

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 01:57 AM

Thats what I thought.

From what I am reading on different message boards the game is barely even playable and feels like complete garbage. But I will give it a rent and see for myself.

#6 fastTOE

fastTOE

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 11 April 2006 - 02:15 AM

yea, i've read good things about this for the 360 and am really excited about it too, so hopefully it's playable.

i think it shipped today, so it should be out tomorrow. maybe if we're lucky ign will review it tonight or something, but probably not. So, i guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow,....

like the topic starter said, once someone gets this(tomorrowish), immediately post your thoughts, we're waiting for some feedback on this.

#7 Dragula56

Dragula56

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 06:20 AM

I thought that I had read something somewhere about this not being a true port. I thought that the main gameplay aspects and stuff were being ported, but that the presentation and graphics were being designed more for the 360 hardware. The presentation is the thing that I have heard the most gripes about. Not too mention that the swing mechanic is brand new and may take a bit to get used to, like the shooting in the basketball games. Either way I will be getting it tomarrow and will enjoy it, cause if I want a baseball game then I don't have much choice.

#8 wasting

wasting

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 02:08 PM

Getting it right after work, looking forward to it

#9 tonloc79

tonloc79

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 09:36 PM

Just about to mix a drink and pop it in, ill let you guys know how it is soon!

#10 risky buisness

risky buisness

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 09:53 PM

It's much better than the xbox game was, it runs smother by far. Graphics are better by far. My first game played won 3-2. I like it better tha last years.

#11 tonloc79

tonloc79

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 11:34 PM

The game has some serious freezing issues. Im not the only one. Reading over on 360achievements.com and so far everyone who has commented has had an issue with the game locking up! grr.gif

#12 mafatumatt

mafatumatt

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 11:48 PM

Got the game at 1 today, been playing it straight thru since then (5.5 hours) with my friends..

enjoying it a lot and no freezing issues....

ah 360 game number 9...

#13 tonloc79

tonloc79

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 11:56 PM

Ive tried to play 5 times and its froze 4 times on me grr.gif grr.gif grr.gif grr.gif grr.gif grr.gif grr.gif grr.gif grr.gif
I guess ill go return it for another and see if it fixes the problem but it freezes every time right in the middle of the 1st inning?

Edited by tonloc79, 12 April 2006 - 12:06 AM.

#14 Tito2k6

Tito2k6

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 01:03 AM

Mine keeps freezing up too. Usuaully in the 3rd or 4th inning (between innings). I've only played at the new Busch Stadium so far. Totally f'ed up.

PS My X360 has had ZERO problems on other games. This is definately game related. mad.gif

#15 Hardcore Legend

Hardcore Legend

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 01:28 AM

Three Good things about this game:
Stadium graphics and fans (fully animated, even to the point as some are walking around in outfield bleachers)
Commentary (Joe Morgan and John Miller provide the best baseball commentary ever in a video game)
World Baseball Classic (fun game, even if the rosters and rules aren't 100% correct)

Three Bad things about this game:
Gameplay (It's just terrible. I know some people may enjoy it, I don't. I generally play MVP because the gameplay feels 'connected to what you see on the screen. In MLB2K6, you feel as if you have to anticipate what button to hit before it's time to hit it. Really screws with timing on hitting and on fielding. Baserunning is beyond disconnected.)

Facial likeness (Hardly any of the players are close to the facial likeness of the players they should be. MVP last year on the XBOX looked better as far as facial features. 2k should be ashamed of themselves. As for player models, ridiculous. They tried to simulate cloth and ended up with what looks like fat rolls in the middle of every players uniform. They're arms and legs move but the upper body doesn't. Just really awkward. )

Animations (Throwin, Running, hitting, pitching. Not close on 'signature stuff' and you've got outfielders 'short arming' throws from the outfield fence all the way to home plate. Of course, they throw it hard but the animation is that of a flick. I tried turning a double play from a short stop moving towards second base. He loaded up on the throw to the second baseman standing 5 feet away. Obviously couldn't turn it.)

I spent about 6 hours playing it today. It's fun in some parts, annoying in others. Some stuff is really better than other baseball games of years past, but alot of that is outweighed by gameplay and animations.

It's not worth the $60. But, if you REALLY need a MLB game for the 360 and don't mind the things I said above, go for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users