fastTOE

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 April 2006 - 01:49 AM

damnit,.... i was really hoping for a great mlb experience..... not sounding good,..... this may end up being an ebayer in a few months once it cheapens up.......

but we'll see, cuz i do want me my baseball......

#17 Tito2k6

Tito2k6

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 02:34 AM

WTF? I just replaced mine and IT STILL LOCKS UP!!!!!!!!! My 360 has has ZERO problems with other games! What the F! I'm starting to get PO'd grr.gif

#18 fastTOE

fastTOE

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 03:00 AM

http://xbox360.ign.c...1/701243p1.html

7.0 damn.....

#19 risky buisness

risky buisness

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 12 April 2006 - 04:33 AM

QUOTE(Tito2k6 @ Apr 12 2006, 02:41 AM) View Post

WTF? I just replaced mine and IT STILL LOCKS UP!!!!!!!!! My 360 has has ZERO problems with other games! What the F! I'm starting to get PO'd grr.gif

try playing it with the hard drive attached i heard that helped some people.

#20 deacon187

deacon187

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 12 April 2006 - 04:36 AM

this sucks, i was able to play only the very first game all the way through, about 15 games i tried after that and they have all froze, EB better exchange this, if to many people are having this problem, i dont even want the damn game, hopefully they will give me a whole different game, othre wise i might do something horrible to their store

#21 Tito2k6

Tito2k6

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 04:49 AM

QUOTE(deacon187 @ Apr 12 2006, 04:43 AM) View Post

this sucks, i was able to play only the very first game all the way through, about 15 games i tried after that and they have all froze, EB better exchange this, if to many people are having this problem, i dont even want the damn game, hopefully they will give me a whole different game, othre wise i might do something horrible to their store

Mine came from EB. So far all I've done is swap it with a new one. When I called they said they haven't had anyone call yet with complaints. I'm sure by tomorrow the story will change.

BTW (for the previous poster) I have a premium & my harddrive is ALWAYS attached.

Question: Could this be a finacy DVDROM? Does the 360 sport different ROMS like the original XBOX did?
I find it odd that people from diffent part of the country are having problems while others, just down the street, aren't. unsure.gif

#22 tonloc79

tonloc79

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 05:06 AM

This is fucking bullshit, SHAME ON YOU 2K SPORTS! Ive tried 2 different copies and both lock up every time. How the hell can you charge us $60usd for a game that is halfway complete? The core game is fine but where the hell is the polish? Id be nice if i paid $50 for a 9 inning baseball game but fuck, i cant even get past the middle of the second if im lucky!

Edited by tonloc79, 12 April 2006 - 05:06 AM.

#23 janzik

janzik

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 05:10 AM

I picked my copy up from EB this afternoon. Initially it froze while trying to connect to Live. It said it couldn't find my profile and was going to create a new one.. then froze. The 2ksports forums suggested the formatting the hard drive option. Since I didn't want to lose my Oblivion time I just tried deleting the MLB2k6 memory item. I made my VIP profile different from my gamertag. Next time it locked up while I was in the other room and it was in Demo Mode. After rebooting again I was able to start a game but it locked up between innings.

I may format the drive to see if that ungodly beast Oblivion is interfering, but I doubt it....
The 2ksports forums are just slow and filled with "this game sucks" / "game keeps freezing" babbles...
Good job 2K....

Edited by janzik, 12 April 2006 - 05:11 AM.

#24 deacon187

deacon187

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 05:14 AM

im in the middle of GRAW ATM but when im donr im gonna delete my mlb profile and saves and try again, ill post back in a little while, forget this try removing the hard shit cause what good is a game if you cant save it

#25 deacon187

deacon187

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 05:30 AM

still a no go after deleting my vip profile, game froze in the middle of the first inning, no way im reformatting my hard drive screw that, ill try another copy tomorrow, if that doesnt work i want a totally different game

#26 Hardcore Legend

Hardcore Legend

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 06:02 AM

I've only had the game freeze twice, other than that it's played without major freezing problems.

Want to know how much 2kSports cares about their MLB liscense? They didn't bother to put the Cooperstown players portraits or face scans in. When it comes to the MLB current club of the St. Louis Cardinals, they have a pinstripe down the pant leg (haven't had since the 60's) and red away caps (haven't had since the 60's). Apparently they chose not to check the MLB style guide this year or any of the last 30 years when putting this game together. Great job 2k!

#27 risky buisness

risky buisness

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 01:14 PM

QUOTE(Tito2k6 @ Apr 12 2006, 04:56 AM) View Post

Mine came from EB. So far all I've done is swap it with a new one. When I called they said they haven't had anyone call yet with complaints. I'm sure by tomorrow the story will change.

BTW (for the previous poster) I have a premium & my harddrive is ALWAYS attached.
Question: Could this be a finacy DVDROM? Does the 360 sport different ROMS like the original XBOX did?
I find it odd that people from diffent part of the country are having problems while others, just down the street, aren't. unsure.gif

im sorry i meant unattach not attach

#28 b15ginz

b15ginz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:graphic design, web design.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 12 April 2006 - 01:47 PM

i havent had any problems with mine. although i havent played a full game only a few innings bc i had to get to bed for work. but other than that, i signed onto live last night to play a buddy... works fine for me.

Edited by b15ginz, 12 April 2006 - 01:47 PM.

#29 wasting

wasting

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 01:54 PM

No lockups/freezing at all, played a good 4 hours straight in my season last night. Overall the game isnt the best baseball game, but it is fun.

#30 XBANDGUY

XBANDGUY

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 02:29 PM

Ok let me break down the 360 version. From about 6 games online with a buddy of mine. I have not played the offline game as of yet.

Player movement / fielding

The player movement at first seems stiff and somewhat unresponsive. But after about three games I realized the player movement is pretty realistic. You have to keep your player movement under control otherwise you could turn a single into a triple. Holding down the right trigger gives you a speed burst. The arms of the players are pretty realistic. I don't have any issues with that. The only thing I don't like is sometimes the players just feel very sluggish in their reaction times.

Pitching:

I like the pitching control in this game. You first have to set your pitches breaking point and then catch the circle on the way back down around the ball for accuracy. You will understand what I mean after you play it. There is a learning curve in regards to how much break each pitcher has on his pitches. Pedro Martinez has a lot more break than say a team’s fifth starter. You must pitch realistically. What I mean is you need to throw balls and pitches just off the plate to induce grounders and pop ups. If you throw nothing but strikes the scoreboard is going to get slanted pretty quick.

Hitting:

I only have used the stick for hitting so I cannot speak on the old style button mash. When the pitcher is just about to stride to the plate you press back on the right stick and hold it until you think the timing is right and just release the stick to swing. If you want to swing for power you do the same thing but instead of letting the stick go you press up on the stick to take an uppercut swing. You can try to guess pitch location by pressing in the left stick and holding the "circle" to the area you think the pitch will be thrown. If you guess right you will see the pitch location in red. But it is nothing like that BS slam zone from last year.
It took me just about 4 games to finally get the timing right.

Base running:

I am struggling with the base running in this game. I can steal bases easy enough but taking over each runner when the ball is hit is killing me. I know the learning curve is not that great but the mechanics are different from other baseball games I have played in the past. I will get used to it.

Graphics:

This is not a next generation game visually in my opinion. This game looks just like a regular Xbox game online anyway. I have not played offline so I don't know how it looks.

Presentation:

This is worst 2K presentations I have ever seen. When you make an out the next batter automatically is in the batters box. When you make the third out the other teams batter quickly shows up.

Got to get back to work.

If there any questions I will answer them when I get some time.

Edited by XBANDGUY, 12 April 2006 - 02:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users