• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 TallTodd2345

TallTodd2345

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 05:34 PM

The game often freezes between innings, especially if you strike the opposing player out (either looking or swinging).

I'd suggest not picking it up until 2K addresses the issue. Of course, you can pick it up and become completely frustrated.

I do have a premium and I read about the format hard drive option. However, I don't consider that an option since I don't want to lose my saves.

From the inning or 2 that I played, the game appears intersting however I cannot finish a game.

#32 Tito2k6

Tito2k6

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 April 2006 - 07:08 PM

Okay, I'm on my second copy and SAME STORY(locks up).

Well, I just disconnected the harddrive and guess what? I completed my first game! It's obvoiusly HD related since I couldn't get past four innings before. What crap!

#33 deacon187

deacon187

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 12 April 2006 - 09:54 PM

yeah my second copy is the same lock up shit too ! this horibly sucks, at least when i took the first one back they gave me a sealed copy, im just gonna do the same and return it, then return the sealed copy iether for my money back or another game for now, there is no reason we should have to sit on a game until a fix comes out, i would still have COD2 if the damn patch came out sooner but i traed it away for the reason of it just collecting dust, this is a bunch of BS and things like this should be tested and tested again before they release the damn games, this just release it and we'll fix it later shit has got to go

#34 Tito2k6

Tito2k6

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 13 April 2006 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE(deacon187 @ Apr 12 2006, 10:01 PM) View Post

yeah my second copy is the same lock up shit too ! this horibly sucks, at least when i took the first one back they gave me a sealed copy, im just gonna do the same and return it, then return the sealed copy iether for my money back or another game for now, there is no reason we should have to sit on a game until a fix comes out, i would still have COD2 if the damn patch came out sooner but i traed it away for the reason of it just collecting dust, this is a bunch of BS and things like this should be tested and tested again before they release the damn games, this just release it and we'll fix it later shit has got to go

Yea, I'd still have Kameo and Blazing Angels. I'm pissed! Now all I'll have is credit for one game grr.gif

2K6 really screwed the pouch. Even IGN can't get their copy to work.

#35 tNCecil

tNCecil

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 April 2006 - 02:51 AM

Thank god mine works /knocks on wood. Ive had no problems with mine at all, probably played 15+ games already. Other then the fact the graphics are crap and controls for fielding+baserunning are ass, its a great game XD

#36 grapejoos

grapejoos

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 07:36 PM

do a quick google search on the issue...there appears to be some problem with the HDD that causes the freezing. don't bother exchanging your copy for a new one, it won't be any different. they claim a patch is coming "soon", but it should never have happened in the first place.

from what i can tell the game has potential but is really rough...the player models are nowhere near what we saw in nba2k6. maybe the textures look better on a standard tv, but they look bad on a HDTV. the pitching and batting seem good enough (though i preferred MVP's swing stick to this), the fielding and baserunning are a little on the dubious side. there's no polish to the presentation, though...textures load late, frame rate drops a lot, the crowd looks bad, stadiums aren't detailed enough, etc. the game might be worth looking at once they patch it (or if you have a core system) if you're a baseball fan, but don't expect to get blown away.

i don't get it, how could they be this careless? did they even play test a game of it on a retail system before releasing it? what is the rush to release a game that could have been great with a little more work? i loved nba and nhl 2k6, extremely disappointed. say what you will about EA releasing rushed games (see every EA 360 game pre-fight night), but at least they run.

#37 tNCecil

tNCecil

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 April 2006 - 10:18 PM

lmao go to the Twins stadium (whatever it is) and get to the trivia question thing. Oh man, they used sprites for hte people i think XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users