1 reply to this topic

#1 dvdx

dvdx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 05:54 PM

Ello guys and gals,
New to the boards as you whould have guessed, Anyway I whould like to hear you opinions on the diffrent mod chips, I have read up on most of the chips and if to be honest i dont really understand much of it but it will come. Anyways What mod chips do you guys use, Iam looking for something mainly for movies storaged and movie play. And games of coures what do you recomend? Iam asking cause i whant your inputs which have experience in this area and know what they are talking about. Hope you all whant to tell me about your experince and thoughts. Thanx in advanced and for a nice forum,

For now take care,

Regards..

#2 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,413 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 30 April 2003 - 06:13 PM

Every modern chip (X2 Pro/Lite, Matrix, cheapmod, Chameleon) will allow you to use a BIOS that supports HD swapping and homebrew software (XBMP, DVDX2, etc.) to be run. The most feature rich seems to be the Chameleon, but it is not yet what most would consider available. Next in line are the X2 Pro, X2 Lite, and the Matrix. Cheapmods can vary...if you're new I would stay away from them.

If you haven't seen anyone express their opinion on any of these chips, you have not done much reading. A comparison table on the X-S modchips page should get you started.

We do not have the time or resources to deal with every newbie that asks, "What mod chip should I get?" It's your XBox. You do the reading. You make the decision.

Thread locked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users