7 replies to this topic

#1 Tiegirus

Tiegirus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 12:21 PM

Hi guys,

I have just recenty decided to chip my xbox and after much reading of the tutorials and forum posts of xbox scene i decided to go with the X3CE chip.

I installed the chip as per the guide and made a cd with the X3 3294 Bios and flashed the bios as per the guide and i think that it all went in fine? as it went throgh ok and when i re booted i got a new screen of stuff come up with new options.

At this point i tried making a boot disk for EvolutionX i made a folder called EvoX added the default.xbe, the ini, fluff file and skins folder to it i then made these file into and iso With Craxation and burned with nero ( all as per the guide.

Here is where my problems begin. none of the disks i have made have managed to do anything when when put in the xbox and rebooted, it just always goes to the screen i get after i flashed the bio's.

I have tried several disk types dvd+r, cd-r (few diffent types), cd-rw (tdk) - (could not even get the iso to burn on the cd-rw) ( yes i know some of these are no no's but i was clutching at straws and thought may as well try um)

The second problem i have is that now that i have flashed the bio's i can no longer play any original disks if i try and boot with the chip off i get a contact customer services message in several languages.

I am at the moment at a loss on what to do next i would really apreciated it if some one could look at this and let me know if i have gone wrong at any point on what i have done so far, if so what i should have done and how to fix, what to do from this point on and any help to get my xbox fully chiped and working.

I did think about getting one of the soft mod game and memory card kits to get a dashboard on but thought with not being able to play original games at present this would not work am i correct in thinking this?

Any Help anyone can give would be much apreciated.

Tiegirus
Noob = yes, Learning all i can = yes, hoping to be all clued up on xbox mods = yes huh.gif

#2 elborak

elborak

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 04:46 PM

Did you reset the chip to factory defaults after flashing?

#3 Tiegirus

Tiegirus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 07:26 PM

no i havent changed any of the settings since flashing the chip

#4 elborak

elborak

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 07:29 PM

Then do it.

#5 doobzilla

doobzilla

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 11 April 2006 - 07:36 PM

Did you put your "default.xbe" in the root of the disc? Or did you put it in your "Evox" folder? it needs to be in the root of the disc for it to work. Hope this helps.

#6 Tiegirus

Tiegirus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE(doobzilla @ Apr 11 2006, 07:43 PM) View Post

Did you put your "default.xbe" in the root of the disc? Or did you put it in your "Evox" folder? it needs to be in the root of the disc for it to work. Hope this helps.

how would i get the default.xbe into the root of the disk?

i put the xbe, ini, fluff file and skins folder inro a folder called evox then selcted this folder with craxation to make the iso then burnt as an image with nero.

so did i go wrong when making the disk?

QUOTE(elborak @ Apr 11 2006, 04:53 PM) View Post

Did you reset the chip to factory defaults after flashing?

ok thanks reset the chip to factory defaults and games now work again biggrin.gif

Edited by Tiegirus, 11 April 2006 - 08:33 PM.

#7 doobzilla

doobzilla

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 11 April 2006 - 09:09 PM

Just don't put "default.xbe" in any folder on the disc. I'm not familiar with craxtion(or whatever its called) I prefer using QWIX to create an iso then I use alcohol or some similar burning prog to burn the iso.
I hope this helps.

#8 Tiegirus

Tiegirus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 11:32 PM

i would like to give your way of making the iso ago, if you could just tell me in a little more detail on how your method works i will get the programs and try it out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users