DiGiTY

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 April 2006 - 06:39 PM

is the mc360 he only skin made by blackbolt? if so, is there going to be others?

i know there's a huge response for the mc360 release, and it looks cool and all, but some people can care less if they're xbox looks like the 360. why don't the blackbolt guys do something better with their talents?!?!

first the xbmc ui copied windows media center, now xbmc 2.0 ui is mimicking xbox360... since when is M$ the ones to copy?!?! innovation would be better in my opinion. xbmc is a great piece of tech, this thing is huge and i'm convinced of this more and more for the past 4 years. sh1t, my gf uses it more then me. we got something really innovative here, why not do something innovative with the GUI other than mimick?

i really hope the blackbolt guys got more up their sleeves

u remember what they recommended to ray robinson in his beginnings... get ya ray charles on blackbolt!

#2 Blackbolt

Blackbolt

Skin God

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 11 April 2006 - 06:44 PM

MC360 is not XBMC's default skin, its a choice, you choose to use it and I choose to create an Xbox 360 skin. End of.

#3 DiGiTY

DiGiTY

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 06:50 PM

gotcha. but damn u guys seem too talented to mimick regardless (from a designer's POV). are you making more skins or is that it?

#4 Blackbolt

Blackbolt

Skin God

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 07:10 PM

Well when this one is done, the team will break.

You can look at MC360 as a skin by a team of contractors. It was my idea but the work was too much for one joe so I got help. Once its done, it will be updated and maintained weekly either by me or help from others.

I do have plans to create a new skin yes, I want to create a totally original creation, for a few reasons, 1) to stop chokemaniac saying to me "why you always ripping things off" lol and 2) because I think its about time as you put, I proved my worth.

Blackbolt will create more skins for a long time to come.

Edited by Blackbolt, 11 April 2006 - 07:30 PM.

#5 DiGiTY

DiGiTY

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 07:56 PM

sweet. i'm looking forward to ya joints

#6 ameba

ameba

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 12:02 AM

I dont have a 360, and I dont plan on getting, so this skin interests me alot.

#7 edwinmcdunlap

edwinmcdunlap

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 12 April 2006 - 01:18 AM

And as always, there is no way to make a skin that will completely satisfy everyone. If you don't like MC360, just forget about it and use some other skin. You could even make your own, if there's nothing out there that you like. wink.gif

#8 modifiedbears

modifiedbears

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 01:22 AM

the 360 UI is sweet and simple. get over your MS hate.

#9 netdroid9

netdroid9

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 01:30 AM

Once the skin is finished, will it be declared as 'FINAL' and no longer updated, or will the MC360 people make bugfixes and the like.

#10 Garvani

Garvani

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 02:42 AM

netdroid9: if you actually read these posts you would see the answer to your question.. its like 6 post up ffs....

"Once its done, it will be updated and maintained weekly either by me or help from others"

#11 ameba

ameba

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 03:19 AM

Any hints on what your plans for your next skin will be?

#12 netdroid9

netdroid9

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 09:28 AM

QUOTE(Garvani @ Apr 12 2006, 11:49 AM) View Post

netdroid9: if you actually read these posts you would see the answer to your question.. its like 6 post up ffs....

"Once its done, it will be updated and maintained weekly either by me or help from others"

Ah, sorry. I must have missed that bit smile.gif.

#13 Blackbolt

Blackbolt

Skin God

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 01:39 PM

QUOTE(ameba @ Apr 12 2006, 03:26 AM) View Post

Any hints on what your plans for your next skin will be?

Original and hopefully, good.

#14 ameba

ameba

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 08:07 PM

sounds exciting.

#15 DiGiTY

DiGiTY

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 09:37 AM

QUOTE(edwinmcdunlap @ Apr 11 2006, 08:25 PM) View Post

And as always, there is no way to make a skin that will completely satisfy everyone. If you don't like MC360, just forget about it and use some other skin. You could even make your own, if there's nothing out there that you like. wink.gif

QUOTE(modifiedbears @ Apr 11 2006, 08:29 PM) View Post

the 360 UI is sweet and simple. get over your MS hate.

i'd definitely use MC360 if it's appeal and usability can be sustained outisde of our culture (techies, modders, hackers, whatever we may call ourselves), so it's not about disliking the skin nor hating MS. it's about blackbolt and his team's talent and skill (and let's be real, looking at the user and pre-packaged skins released since XBMC's birth, these traits are lacking tremendously). say you got this talented comedian friend, would you want 'em to do their routines just like Chappelle whom they could mimic really well or do ya wanna see 'em shine doing their own unique thang? now we know Chappelle is fucking funny (drip drip drip) and that XBOX360 UI is pretty slick, but if ya friend has talent, you'd want them to use it to their full potential. now blackbolt and his crew are not my amigos per say, but I'm really feeling them on this project. I think XBMC is unbelievably great, but lacks an intuitive and innovative interface that compliments it. As designers our main objective is to help make the technology better and seemingly easier to use through UI design. taking into account the work I've seen so far from them, I believe blackbolt & co. could accomplish this better using their talent and skill for innovation instead of mimicing

i just wanna see XBMC blow up and blackbolt & co. do their thang... that's all

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users