Photo

Is Mc360 Game Save Manager Network Aware?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 RedRobin666

RedRobin666

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 11 April 2006 - 09:42 PM

Looking at the screenshot for Game saves manager on Blackbolt site I was wondering if the 'Copy' option solely moved saves between HDD and Memory Card or, if now that XBMC detects other Xboxes on the network, whether it might be possible to push (or pull) a game's saves across the network?

At the moment this is something I manually do by FTPing the files between both boxes via my PC (obviously could also manually be done with XBMC's file manager window)...what takes the most time is working out which sub-directories are associated with each game, which from the screenshot MC360 is already planning to do, so already happy biggrin.gif

Just curious if MC360 is already going the extra, extra mile, or if I can put this in as a future feature request.

Relevant screenshot below for discussion:

IPB Image

#2 Blackbolt

Blackbolt

Skin God

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 11 April 2006 - 10:09 PM

At the moment there is no function to copy to other xbox's on the network, but I will leave this one for Donno to field. As he has the best understanding of the game saves element as he has been working on it.

#3 RedRobin666

RedRobin666

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 10:28 PM

Just wondering if Donno was around to comment on this...Bump

#4 darkdonno

darkdonno

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 14 April 2006 - 04:54 AM

At the moment there is no plans of doing this.

Also the the copy function is pretty useless as XBMC doesn't support Memcards 100%, If enough ppl request it I may add MemCard Support for the script but the save games won't appear in the real Xbox 1 Dashboard.

Specs:
The Copy Function so far can simply Copy from the UDATA fodler on E to F:\backup\ or E:\backup\, and can't currently ftp back. If I can no improve this feature it will most likey be removed from final version. If it is left it al you will be abel to do is copy the backup folder to your pc so you can later ftp it back into E. [If people are ok with this I will improve it so it will write a readable textfile in the folder so you know what the folders are for. (eg GameWise)

Thou nice idea, I also wanted something like that

I'll Have a look into imroving it another day, after i get some other things done im working on biggrin.gif

#5 kimgitz

kimgitz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 14 April 2006 - 08:25 AM

I was hoping the game saves manager would mimic the -orig xbox dash- or even the -UnleashX's- g.s.m. Thats the only real reason why I move across to use the above dashboards.

Please try to get the feature improved as much as you can to make the release, I'm really looking forward to having a more of a complete dash+skin. (Make it as intergrated as u can, pliz) Was hoping to do away with the other dashboards but it looks like their usefulness is not yet over.

Great job guyz!

#6 conners

conners

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 April 2006 - 12:47 PM

Im hoping that i can ditch the original xbox dash and use XBMC + MC360 as my dash in the C drive seeing as i dont use xbox live, all i wanted from media centre was a save manager which looks like it will be. As long as it works similar to the original dash, shows the save and can delete the save, i`ll be happy.

#7 darkdonno

darkdonno

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 03:01 PM

Okay, I had a quick look into this FTP business.

Just wondering what would you like to do.

COPY FROM FTP
or
COPY TO

if its copy from ftp, it means on the xbox you are on it will list the saves that another xbox (that will be tricky), else if its just a copy to its a simple UPLOAD via ftp.

#8 nuka1195

nuka1195

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 05:58 PM

I would think, you're more likely to be on the xbox you are going to use. So a copy from might make more sense?

#9 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 12:14 AM

Unless the script has a "directory code <> game title" database id imagine listing over FTP to take AGES, especially if you have a lot of saves. It would have to list the directories, go into each directory and download the file that identifies the games title and then the same again for EVERY SINGLE SAVE!

#10 darkdonno

darkdonno

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 12:23 AM

Alex Atkin UK:
Well keeping a list of all the know directory code to game tiles, might so the xbox down went it sends it to memory.

Its designed for LAN so should be pretty fast going from one to the other. There just 1 file i would need to grab from every direcotry in E:\udata to get the Save Name.

I think ill do COPY TO, because thats easier, its simple a goto directory and upload.

It most likey won't have a multisect/copy/queue, thats going a little high tech there.

#11 darkdonno

darkdonno

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 05:50 AM

Just letting you know, The Copy button/function will stay in, I made quite a bit of progress today. A few extra changes to this copy function still has to be made, but it seems to be working rather well at the moment.

So I'll have to do more testing with it later.

Once a few little bugs and things have been fixed in the script, I'll contiune taking a look into getting Copy TO Ftp done.

Reguarding Download
I may have to write a function to check if files already exist and ask user if there are sure. as currently it just extracts and overwrites.
Also the Save Games are the same that are avabile in avalaunch and unleashx.

Once more of the features are finshed and are final I'll be sure to post a Feature List for the Save Game Manger

Edited by darkdonno, 15 April 2006 - 05:55 AM.

#12 RedRobin666

RedRobin666

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 05:34 PM

Just wanted to say many thanks for the updates and progress darkdonno.

Looks like myself and others are all excited about getting this inside MC360 and doing away with our seperate dashboards...as well as keeping an eye on what's filling up our HDD space!

RedRobin666

#13 Jaxter

Jaxter

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 15 April 2006 - 09:22 PM

Can i remind alot of these people requesting things that this is a skin and not a full blown dash, so coding is going to be different and limited

#14 Blackbolt

Blackbolt

Skin God

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 15 April 2006 - 09:38 PM

We also have talented Python coders on these forums and also XBMC devs who are always looking for new ideas.

#15 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 11:24 PM

Thats good to hear, although it was pretty clear that theres no way that you could emulate the 360 dash purely in a skin. Theres obviously a lot of custom scripting going on to make it work, lets hope that doesnt actually become a problem when keeping it up-to-date with the latest changes in XBMC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users