Memba Numero Uno

• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 April 2006 - 05:31 AM

Transcode 360 Beta3 W.I.P.-- Posted by XanTium on April 12 00:31 EST
From runtime360.com:

"Just in case you guys and gals are wondering what is happening, we are actively working on the next Beta release of Transcode 360(info). We're actively coding/testing/banging our heads against the TV set to a produce quality product."

Here's a heads up on what to expect in our next release:
The aspect ratio issues have been resolved, we've greatly improved (if not resolved) AV sync and playback choppiness, and implemented subtitles. Further to this we've also taken steps to improve compatibility that will make for friendlier co-existance with other codecs.
We've added the ability for those with a little programming experience to create their own custom plugins to transcode content. We'll be including C# samples utilising FFMPEG, MEncoder, VLC and Windows Media Encoder.
After a great deal of testing its looking like MEncoder is the best suited for our solution, but if you prefer one transcoder over the other you can always specify which by editing the Transcode 360 configuration file.

I realise that there are plenty of features up on 'The Todo List' that haven't been included and we will get round to them once we're comfortable that we have a stable foundation on which to build these very-nice-to-have features; in the meantime you could always show your support for the project by donating a couple of dollars. The total project donations recieved to date are just shy of $100 versus 18,000+ downloads. As a thank you I'm adding contributors to the Sponsors group on our forums; currently this entitles you to priority support but in future this may extend to early access to builds.

Time permitting expect a new beta to follow very shortly!

Official Site: http://www.runtime360.com

#2 Spency234

Spency234

LEAFS NATION

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 April 2006 - 09:49 AM

Cool can't wait to see what has been added!

Thank you runtime/crew for continuing to work on this.

Edited by Spency234, 12 April 2006 - 09:50 AM.

#3 DeaDSOuLz

DeaDSOuLz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 01:33 PM

I can't wait to check it out.

--DS

#4 bmaltais

bmaltais

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 01:01 AM

I added a new feature last night to compensate for Overscan on CRT TV. Don't know if it will make it into Beta 3 since we are getting ready to test the Beta 3 RC 1 this weekend... But this is a cool feature I think. You get to ajust with a % value how much overscan your TV has. The net result is that the picture is "forced" toward the center of the screen by adding proportional black bars around it.

Other added feature is the ability to specify you TV aspect ratio (used to properly calculate AR for file playback)... This will ensure proper AR on both 4:3 and 16:9 display

It will also include a bunch a little fix for installation issues and, oh yes, a plugin architecture so you can add to Transcode 360 on your own through C# programming...

Subtitles should now work...

And the last major change is that the default encoder will now be mencoder instead of ffmpeg... this provide even more codec support and better sync.

Edited by bmaltais, 14 April 2006 - 01:05 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users