#1 sugarjay_98

sugarjay_98

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 3 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 April 2006 - 04:09 PM

OK, I got my SP ICE. installed last night. I turn on the xbox and the Xenium dash comes up. I have all the options including Network ftp telnet etc. My question is I want to install XBMC and for the life of me cannot figure this out. I FTP to my xbox and I see all the drives. When I access the "C:" I do not see anyhing. Is this normal? I was expecting to see some data, like saved games or something. I open all the other drives on the xbox and I see no files. I am using SmartFTP. I telnet to 192.168.0.xxx (Xbox) username=xbox password=xbox and port = 21

#2 senator

senator

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 April 2006 - 11:07 PM

C: should have dashboard files etc.
E: should have game saves etc there.
So YES! you should see some data.

What do you want to setup XBMC as? A dashboard or a program.
Do you have a standard drive or an up dated larger drive? If its a larger drive you will need to transfer files there.
Does the xbox work? does it boot a dashboard the original one or another?
Try another FTP program like flashfxp.? Only a suggestion dunno about smartftp but should be OK!

#3 JonBOY

JonBOY

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 13 April 2006 - 03:32 AM

Ok, what you're describing (not seeing any files) is somehting that peoeple encounter all teh time with FlashFXP, SmartFXP probably has the same issues.

In FlashFXP, to fix this you need to go to 'options', 'preferences', 'connection' tab and then uncheck 'use passive mode'.

Then you have to go to the 'advanced' tab and under 'List Method' choose 'Default'. click ok to close preferences window then restart FlashFXP.

Presumably SmartFXP has the equilavent settings so you'll simply have to find them and set them as needed.

As to XBMC as a dash........easy, heres how. I install XBMC entirely on my C drive, other use E:\apps as their home directory but I prefer C.

1) Download the latest build from 'the usual places' and extract the .rar file.
2) Open the resulting folder and drag the 'XBMC' folder out onto your desktop. Close the window for the unrared folder as you do not need anything else from there.
3) Open the XBMC folder. In here you will see the files 'Xboxmediacenter.xml' and 'default.xbe'. Drag these two files out of this folder onto the desktop. Rename 'default.xbe' to something your bios can boot, I suggest 'evoxdash.xbe' as almost every bios can boot this.
4) Open the Xboxmediacenter.xml file with notepad or wordpad. edit the fourth line down to look like this;
<home>C:\XBMC\</home>
instead of this;
<home>-</home>

save the changes and exit.

5) Open up your FTP program. Use control to select the 'XBMC' folder and xboxmediacenter.xml and evoxdash.xbe files and drag all three items onto the ROOT of the C drive in one go.
Note; the two files 'xboxmediacenter.xml' and 'evoxdash.xbe' should NOT be inside the XBMC folder, they should reside along side it. Then boot your hacked bios from Xenium OS.

If you're not sure on what to re-name the default.xbe to, find out your bios version and check out this link.

http://manual.xboxme...BMCAsDash&v=w9z

the latest build has a 're-name me.xbe' patch that you can use to help you install XBMC, I tried using this method but it wouldn't work for me so I scrubbed it and boot the XBMC executable directly. No mess.

Also, if you'd prefer to use E:\apps as your home folder, then edit the xboxmediacenter.xml file to this;
<home>E:\apps\XBMC\</home>
then, instead of transferring the XBMC folder to the root of the C drive, transfer it to E:\apps. Note, the evoxdash.xbe and xboxmediacenter.xml both still have to go in the root of the C:

#4 sugarjay_98

sugarjay_98

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 3 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 14 April 2006 - 09:38 PM

Thanks for the replies guys. I found out I was not able to read the files because I did not have anyother programs installed. I installed EvolutionX and now, when I use the this dash I can see the files in the folder when I FTP to the xbox. biggrin.gif I was able to install XBMC correctly witht he help of your directions, THANK YOU. I am starting to catch on to this stuff now. There was just soooooooo much info to sort thru and I was getting real impatient because I wanted to watch movies on my xbox.

I have another question I don't know if anyone can help with. I went to the usual IRC site to get my info. to FTP. When I downloaded EvoX I mistakenly started downloading the whole folder which had 100' of files. Well now I am banned for excessive downloading sad.gif unsure.gif mad.gif Is there anything I can do about this or am I FUBAR?

#5 jcaspar1

jcaspar1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 01:56 AM

Try xbox tribe. It has most everything and is much easier than xbins...

QUOTE(sugarjay_98 @ Apr 14 2006, 09:45 PM) View Post

Thanks for the replies guys. I found out I was not able to read the files because I did not have anyother programs installed. I installed EvolutionX and now, when I use the this dash I can see the files in the folder when I FTP to the xbox. biggrin.gif I was able to install XBMC correctly witht he help of your directions, THANK YOU. I am starting to catch on to this stuff now. There was just soooooooo much info to sort thru and I was getting real impatient because I wanted to watch movies on my xbox.

I have another question I don't know if anyone can help with. I went to the usual IRC site to get my info. to FTP. When I downloaded EvoX I mistakenly started downloading the whole folder which had 100' of files. Well now I am banned for excessive downloading sad.gif unsure.gif mad.gif Is there anything I can do about this or am I FUBAR?

#6 JonBOY

JonBOY

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 18 April 2006 - 02:28 PM

I'm pretty sure xbins doesn't ban you permantly, you should be right to try again the next day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users