• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bconne1

bconne1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 03:47 PM

So I can't figure out how to link the Xbox and the PC in order to FTP, so I burned some files to a disc in order to copy them directly to the HDD. The Xbox keeps giving me a "No Disc" value on my dashboard though. I certainly know that there are files on there, but boXplorer refuses to display them.

I am running eVox if that matters. Any help?

#2 bconne1

bconne1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 05:16 PM

I've just burned 5 more discs with different files and I can't get the Xbox to recognize any of them. Is there a setting I need to change on the Xbox or a different way I should be burning the discs on my PC?

Has anyone else experienced this before?

#3 jordanc212

jordanc212

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Modding Xbox's
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 14 April 2006 - 01:48 AM

YOu need to make an iso image of what you are burning use a program called isomanager (cant tell u where to get it)

If you are doing this try using a different app to view the contents in the CD sometimes ive had problems with boxplorer thats why i dont use it

#4 alexpb1

alexpb1

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 14 April 2006 - 01:50 AM

There is also magic iso.

I know you can put the files you want into the disc, then have it specially save as an xbox image. (Also dvd images, cd images etc)

#5 bconne1

bconne1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 04:19 AM

Okay, great. I just got Magic ISO, but there are a lot of options on it...can you expand a bit on what I should be looking for? I know where to put the files if I could get them on the box, but you're saying basically the files I want will be written as image files?

#6 War_Machine

War_Machine

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 14 April 2006 - 04:41 AM

^^theyre probly talking about game backups, dvd backups, etc

ur trying to transfer data to ur xbox via disc? then it wont matter if u make an image and burn it, or burn the files directly...its all the same shit, becuz its not sumthing that requires an image...so its a waste of time.

in evox...u cant just put a data dvd in and epect to be able to open it up and look at the files an transfer them to ur hd. maybe if u install a program, then go into the program and try to do it.. but i personally havnt done that, so i wouldnt know wat to suggest. to be quite honest...ftp is easier, faster, more convienient, and less expensive... and the bottom line is...ud need the ftp connection to install that program anyways.

u have to make sure ur burning to a dvd-r, dvd-rw, or cdrw as well...otherwise, ull have issues with ur xbox reading the disc...and (for dvd+, dvd+rw) changing the booktype or bitsetting doesnt help, despite wat people say. ull get a blank screen, or a dirty disc error, or it just wont recoginize that theres a disc in at all.

sounds like u probly just installed a softmod on ur box thru splinter cell type softmod, or installer disc, and u dont wanna go thru the trouble of setting up ftp and everything.... but unfortunately, most answers to ur problem involve that, so, u might as well send ur files that way anyways. for example.. u could use a different dash, that DOES support a file manager without an outside program... but ud have to ftp the dash to ur xbox anyways, unless you have some type of usb or other hardware mod, which i doubt.

so, theres the long answer. but the short answer is, u cant do it, without ftping, in which case...thatd be the way u should send the files anyways.

#7 bconne1

bconne1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 05:01 AM

It's not a softmod, and the reason I don't FTP is because the router is "in front" of the modem or something like that. The guy that put the chip in and set up the box hasn't had time to set up the network for me and I'm lost when I try it myself.

Thanks anyway.

#8 djduke36

djduke36

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 16 April 2006 - 08:30 AM

If you have a router i would use that its much easier and less time consuming. download flashfxp and network magic. If you are using cd-r's depending on what dvd drive you have many types are not readable no matter what you try. so what I would do if i was you is set up your xbox for ftp. if you have dhcp enabled on your router this should be easy. you just turn on your xbox with it connected to your router if dhcp is enabled it will automatically assign it an ip address. on your computer you can use network magic and it will tell you what ip has been assigned to your xbox. network magic will also show you a nice graphical layout of your network. after you find out the ip. startup the program flashfxp. connect to your xbox and your ftp user name shoud be xbox and your password should be xbox unless you have and x3 in that case the default will be username x3 and password x3. ftp port is always 21. and then you should be able to connect. you will see a list of drives just like you would on any file manager that runs on the xbox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users