Memba Numero Uno

• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 April 2006 - 11:39 PM

Kevin Bachus on Next-Gen Console Wars-- Posted by XanTium on April 13 18:39 EST
From next-gen.biz:

Former Microsoft exec Bachus, who was part of the team that proposed the original idea of the Xbox to Bill Gates, said in an opinion piece for MCV, "...I believe that regardless of who comes out on top this time, the margin will be the closest it's been since the heady days of Nintendo and Sega. And as always, the winners will be the consumers and the publishers."

"360 still has a chance of winning the next-gen battle, but it's far from a certainty," Bachus conceded. "If our industry's brief history has taught us anything it's that there are no set 'laws' regarding console adoption - despite what the manufacturers might claim."

Read More: next-gen.biz

#2 rasstar

rasstar

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 April 2006 - 11:59 PM

COOL biggrin.gif

#3 DCFluX

DCFluX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 14 April 2006 - 12:19 AM

Don't forget that this is the same guy that was CEO of Infinium Labs, makers of the Phantom game service/console.

#4 nachomans

nachomans

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 01:18 AM

"Still"?
What a losser.... blink.gif

#5 CattyKid

CattyKid

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts
  • Interests:Everything
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 April 2006 - 01:41 AM

QUOTE(DCFluX @ Apr 13 2006, 05:26 PM) View Post

Don't forget that this is the same guy that was CEO of Infinium Labs, makers of the Phantom game service/console.

I hope SOMEONE besides you and me knows what that it.
That WAS going to be an awesome thing. But alas, it is no more (although they say it is still going to be released, just not when).

EDIT: Pretty much the newest info on their site are E3 2004 shots. Sad, really, I truly believed this was going to be revolutionary. sad.gif

Edited by CattyKid, 14 April 2006 - 01:43 AM.

#6 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,220 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 April 2006 - 02:29 AM

It was an uter con job of the highest magnatude. 25 Million in "investments" and nothing really to show for it.

I remember a couple of years ago.. they were supposed to showcase it at e3 or other simnilar event. They Showed up with a plastic shell, and never turned it on. They claimed at that event they couldn't get broadband in the center. BS, 4 other major booths all had broadband. They simple had nothing to show.

A year later, they showed a "working" interface.

Flat dashboard, that anyone can mock up in flash in a few hours.

They showed off a "working" copy of ghost.

The whole Infinium labs is a set of ever changing smoke and mirrors, designed to continue to funnel money out of the hand of investors, and to put it squarely in the hands of the people running their "corporation"

(I think I've over used my quotes today)

Next year.. they will still be around, except, once again, they will have re-invisioned their project for a 5th time.. (yes.. it has been re-invisioned 4 times now since 2001...)

They'll realize no one wants or can use their surfboard sized keyboard pos.. so they dump the keyboard part and just start selling surfboard accessories.

This fits in well.. as the people who have been blowing all the investments probably bought land someone near the surf while they drink pina coladas and laugh at all the people who've invested in them so far.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users