X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 April 2006 - 11:33 PM

Hello,

I just got a 1.6 Xbox with Aladdin EX modchip to replace my dead 1.3. I swapped in my old hard drive and DVD drive and everything is working, but I have a few questions about the Aladdin chip that I can't seem to find online.

- With my old Xecuter 2.1 modchip, In Game Reset was set to L + R + Black + Back, and would reset back to my Dash (Evo-x). This does not work with my Aladdin chip. My settings have IGR on since it is the same hard drive from my old box, but the reset does not work. Is there a different button sequence to reset back to the dash with an Aladdin chip? If not, how can I get IGR to work?

- What size BIOS does the EX use? I have a BIOS disc from my old chip, but I'm not sure if it will work with the Aladdin. The Xecuter chip used a 512kb BIOS I think? I'm curious if I can flash that BIOS to the Aladdin and see if IGR will work with that.

- I can't tell what BIOS is on the chip right now, and Slayer's/evoX/etc all say the BIOS is unknown. Is there a particularly good BIOS out currently that people would recommend? I've been out of the loop for quite a while, and haven't reserached a BIOS in over a year at least.

Any help you can give me would be great. Thanks.

#2 ItchyB

ItchyB

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 15 April 2006 - 12:44 AM

x2 is the best BIOS for IGR, dont use the BIOS from your old box as it is not 1.6 compatible, The latest X2 is 512k or use an earlier version, I am not sure what size the Aladin requires.

#3 pointdablame

pointdablame

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 05:38 PM

Thanks for the reply, I'll have to keep looking to see what size BIOS it uses. I have no problem using XBtool if that still works, but I need to know what size to wind up with.

I got my Xbox running and really fell out of the scene lol, it's like I'm learning all this stuff again.

#4 pointdablame

pointdablame

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 10:00 PM

I still really need to know what size BIOS this uses, but can't find anything online. I've found info saying the Aladdin XT has 256k bios banks, but don't want to assume that the EX does as well.

If anyone has ever flashed an Aladdin EX before, I could really use some help. Thanks.

#5 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 18 April 2006 - 10:41 AM

I sent you this info via reply to your Pm.But just in case it's needed by anyone else I will post it here.
Bios size is 256K
Flash Enable
If the Flash is protected (and it is not always)...
The Numbers 4032 on the Lattice chip mean you should connect BT to Pin 2 (Ground)on the chip.
The Numbers 4064 on the Lattice chip mean you should connect BT to L1 on the chip.
If you connect like this for flashing, make sure you do not leave the wire connected to the BT and L1 points on the Xbox motherboard.

Edited by Chancer, 18 April 2006 - 10:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users