Moxli

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 April 2006 - 01:09 AM

Well this was found out, accedently by me and a few of the guys from the halo2 clan, media gamers.

So, i thourht it would be good to stick one of the new cars on, and the host car lock on, one dude in my party didnt have the cars, we did the race, he raced the new car, and rember, he hasnt baught any of them. After we used about half the cars, we decided to call it a day. The guy that hasnt baught them yet, got those cars that we raced, no other, he can now use the cars, just like anyone elce who has payed for them.

So basicly, MS are stupid, and he got half of the cars, free.

#2 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 01:45 AM

ummm

next...........

#3 BoyScout

BoyScout

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 02:06 AM

Not sure if you can say MS has really put its foot in it this time, because its obviously a simple mistake, where you can pretty much get all the cars for free if you have one friend... And isnt it the guys who made PGR3 not MS?

#4 Moxli

Moxli

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 02:09 AM

QUOTE(BoyScout @ Apr 15 2006, 02:13 AM) View Post

Not sure if you can say MS has really put its foot in it this time, because its obviously a simple mistake, where you can pretty much get all the cars for free if you have one friend... And isnt it the guys who made PGR3 not MS?

Yeah, the title is kind of, well, wrong i was typing it fast, cause i thourght i was going out, but i well, wasnt.

#5 FreewayX327

FreewayX327

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 15 April 2006 - 07:27 AM

can anybody confirm that this works? i tried it and my friend cant join the room. He gets the message "you dont have the content require to join this room"

Edited by FreewayX327, 15 April 2006 - 07:45 AM.

#6 FreewayX327

FreewayX327

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 08:08 AM

i just tried it. made a room with host lock car on. picked on of the new cars. raced. and my friend didnt get the car when he tried to make his own room. it wasnt on the list. so most likely this is BS or I'm doing something wrong.

#7 Moxli

Moxli

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 09:21 AM

We just did a few races, decided to stick a new car on, and then stick fix host car, an hour later, we stopped, about 5 mins after that i got a message off the other dude, saying he got the cars we raced, and they were avalable for him in career, and i asume for online too.

#8 BoyScout

BoyScout

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 09:39 AM

prob some bug that worked for some people for some reason... well that one guy is real lucky i wish i can get the cars for free biggrin.gif...

#9 flashfreak

flashfreak

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 15 April 2006 - 10:25 AM

Probably the worst topic title i've ever seen, other than 'HELP?!'

I didn't know the new cars were out? Im in Aus with my profile set to that, i'll have to check it out, and if not, i'll make a US silver account!

Also, i have the downloads here. I heard from sources that are high up that there is a whole new CITY coming too, now thats a bonus!

Edited by flashfreak, 15 April 2006 - 10:29 AM.

#10 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 23 July 2006 - 02:54 PM

I think you have to have at least downloaded the free car.

when you download just one of the cars it actually downloads all of them but only allows access to one of them.

So if you haven't downloaded the free car then it will tell you that you don't have the content.

if you have the free car the code for all of them should be on your console and you should be able to SEE other people using that car online (or race as it if the host has car lock on)...

Knowing that maybe someone should see if you can get the car in career mode..

#11 _Hines_

_Hines_

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 25 July 2006 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Jul 23 2006, 10:01 AM) View Post

I think you have to have at least downloaded the free car.

when you download just one of the cars it actually downloads all of them but only allows access to one of them.

So if you haven't downloaded the free car then it will tell you that you don't have the content.

if you have the free car the code for all of them should be on your console and you should be able to SEE other people using that car online (or race as it if the host has car lock on)...

Knowing that maybe someone should see if you can get the car in career mode..

Not sure if this pertains to the topic, but awhile back I dl some of the new cars individually that I liked. When I got back to my garage I had several others that I didnt dl in my garage for free. Somehow they were unlocked and given to me by mistake.

Edited by _Hines_, 25 July 2006 - 02:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users