X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 April 2006 - 06:06 AM

The New PGR3 Content is Now available!!!! There are 12 new cars which are

Aston Martin V8 Vantage (this car is actually free)
RUF RT12
Saleen S7 Twin Turbo
Audi RS 4
Chevrolet Corvette Z06
Dodge Viper SRT-10 Coupe
Ferrari 612 Scaglietti
Lamborghini Gallardo SE
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII FQ-400
Nissan NISMO R34GT-R Z-Tune
Pontiac GTO
Radical SR8.

And they cost 60 Points each (except for the aston martin) or you can get them in a bundle that costs 400 points. There is also an update that gives you more features and stuff.

Source: IGN

~jeff~

#2 Xbox Pimp

Xbox Pimp

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:Xbox
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 15 April 2006 - 07:10 AM

This is ridiculous. I already payed so much for the game, why the hell are they charging even more for a few cars. It doesn't change the gameplay or anything, and I'm not expecting it to, but I am definitely not spending more money on a few cars. Ugh, they have too much money already.

#3 metaldevil

metaldevil

Webhead

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 15 April 2006 - 07:44 AM

It's more economical to buy the Speed Pack with all 12 cars at 400 MP than it is to buy 11 cars at 60 MP each. One car is free, but you'd be paying 660 MP for the remaining 11.

Here's some good advice: if you buy all those cars, make sure you have enough empty spots in your garages. There are 84 available parking spots. There are 80 cars in the game. There are 12 downloadable cars. That leaves eight cars without a parking spot because once you purchase your 84th car, you're not allowed to purchase any more. The game removes the "Buy a new car" option from the menu once you have all 84 slots full. Of course, you could always sell eight of your least favorite cars to trade with your new ones, but that's the hassle you'll have to go through because the developers didn't have the foresight to include a new garage.

I bought the pack thinking I could max out my collection to 92. Wrong. There's always a price to pay for a game developer's incompetence. Hopefully, they'll add a free downloadable garage in the near future.

If you don't plan to buy more than four individual cars, you'll be fine.

Note: After you use real money (via MP) to buy the cars, you'll still have to purchase the cars within the game (kudos). They don't get automatically added to your newest garage.

Edited by metaldevil, 15 April 2006 - 07:50 AM.

#4 SniperKilla

SniperKilla

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 15 April 2006 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE(Xbox Pimp @ Apr 15 2006, 02:17 AM) View Post

This is ridiculous. I already payed so much for the game, why the hell are they charging even more for a few cars. It doesn't change the gameplay or anything, and I'm not expecting it to, but I am definitely not spending more money on a few cars. Ugh, they have too much money already.

you paid 49.99 for the game mind you.... 10 dollars less then any other game on the console.. and its one of the best racing games ever made...

bizarre didn't have to make any new cars, they could have launched it on the 22nd of november and moved on.. (like forza!)

so $5 for their hard work, isint so bad, and the cars are awesome, especially the new Z06... if you dont like it, then download the free car and move on with your life...

#5 lostboyz

lostboyz

Mr. Knowitall

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE(metaldevil @ Apr 15 2006, 01:51 AM) View Post

It's more economical to buy the Speed Pack with all 12 cars at 400 MP than it is to buy 11 cars at 60 MP each. One car is free, but you'd be paying 660 MP for the remaining 11.

Here's some good advice: if you buy all those cars, make sure you have enough empty spots in your garages. There are 84 available parking spots. There are 80 cars in the game. There are 12 downloadable cars. That leaves eight cars without a parking spot because once you purchase your 84th car, you're not allowed to purchase any more. The game removes the "Buy a new car" option from the menu once you have all 84 slots full. Of course, you could always sell eight of your least favorite cars to trade with your new ones, but that's the hassle you'll have to go through because the developers didn't have the foresight to include a new garage.

I bought the pack thinking I could max out my collection to 92. Wrong. There's always a price to pay for a game developer's incompetence. Hopefully, they'll add a free downloadable garage in the near future.

If you don't plan to buy more than four individual cars, you'll be fine.

Note: After you use real money (via MP) to buy the cars, you'll still have to purchase the cars within the game (kudos). They don't get automatically added to your newest garage.

How many Kudos do you need to unlock them?

#6 drummin82

drummin82

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 15 April 2006 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE(lostboyz @ Apr 15 2006, 04:36 PM) View Post

How many Kudos do you need to unlock them?

They cost 0 credits, you just have to go through the hassle of looking them up and "buying" them.

#7 mike_jacko

mike_jacko

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 10:02 PM

i'm gonna have to fire it up and grab the evo....i haven't played this game in months!

#8 mike_jacko

mike_jacko

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 11:35 PM

grabbed the EVO...i wish they added an STi to go along with it mad.gif

#9 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 18 April 2006 - 01:47 AM

QUOTE(mike_jacko @ Apr 17 2006, 06:42 PM) View Post

grabbed the EVO...i wish they added an STi to go along with it mad.gif

Definitely!

As for the update, did they finally fix the Online Professional Glitch?

I'm pretty PO'ed about the tournament achievement, as if they aren't already winning cash. Give me a goal I'll actually have fun doing dry.gif

edit: nevermind it looks like they DID finally fix the only Pro achievement (checking Mygamercard.net lots of people have it)

...I'm still pissed about the tournament achievement.

Edited by twistedsymphony, 18 April 2006 - 01:50 AM.

#10 lostboyz

lostboyz

Mr. Knowitall

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 02:31 AM

the new cars are pretty tight

the new saleen s7 twin turbo is probably my favorite

the EVO is so depressing, the turbo sounds like a bird chirping when you shift, it sounds infinately better in real life.

the new Z-tune Skyline GTR is pretty decent

#11 jbp20717

jbp20717

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Dreamcast, Mario Kart 64, Newcastle United, Monty Python, genocide, necrophilia and more!
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 April 2006 - 09:06 AM

Damn, I traded this game in a few months back rolleyes.gif Looks like I'll have to get it again, if only for the Online Pro Achievement.

#12 metaldevil

metaldevil

Webhead

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE(jbp20717 @ Apr 18 2006, 04:13 AM) View Post
Damn, I traded this game in a few months back rolleyes.gif Looks like I'll have to get it again, if only for the Online Pro Achievement.
When I read that new cars were available for download, I jumped on that with the quickness! LOL It's sad to see that some gamers would re-purchase or rent this game just for a little square full of pixels and a small addition to their gamerscore. sleep.gif

#13 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.

Posted 18 April 2006 - 02:32 PM

now 11 new cars for $5 is actually WORTH that money, especially when the game only cost $50 at the start.

$2.50 for horse armor... NOT worth the money.

#14 metaldevil

metaldevil

Webhead

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Apr 18 2006, 09:39 AM) View Post
now 11 new cars for $5 is actually WORTH that money, especially when the game only cost $50 at the start.

$2.50 for horse armor... NOT worth the money.
That's what I've been saying. LOL @ horse armor.

I just didn't like the fact that I had to sell eight of my cars to have access to all my new ones. I hope BC releases a free new garage to allow you to store all 92 instead of just storing your 84 favorite cars. LOL

#15 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • 10,466 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 03:33 PM

yeah that really sucks that you can't have all the cars at once.

I wonder if this will change the "own all cars" badge... because I haven't earned that yet blink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users