3 replies to this topic

#1 fus1on

fus1on

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 02:49 PM

Hi,
I have followed the xboxhdm tutorial word for word, and have also tried completely erasing my xbox drive with xboxhdm and rebuilding it with the ndure files.
I did not see an out of disk space error, but have also tried replacing the shadowc files.
Despite all that, my C drive is unwritable (can't create a folder on it in the file manager), and if I try to start the xbox with the tray open I get an error 21. Trying to launch the MS dashboard from UnleashX warns me about the xboxdash file being missing.

Is there any solution to this? I'm assuming that the shadow C drive needs to have the MS dashboard files on it for it to launch when the tray is open... how can I make it writable?

Thanks,
Chris.

#2 Ndure protagonist

Ndure protagonist

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 15 April 2006 - 05:39 PM

{=
This is the easiest solution, if you now have ftp access: http://forums.xbox-s...dpost&p=3346273

You won't need to do the /E/dash and /E/ndts steps if those directories are already there (and you haven't changed their contents).

IF the /E/backup directory exists AND contains all the files and directories named THEN you wouldn't need to do that either (ELSE you do need to, for everything to work correctly)...

Btw, your assumption is incorrect; the contents of the real C are used by the open tray boot too.
=}

#3 fus1on

fus1on

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 06:54 PM

Thanks for the reply. Just a quick couple of follow up questions:
So does the open tray boot load the MS dash from E/dash? or off the real C drive?
Is the only reason for putting the MS dash on the virtual drive so that it can be launched from the UnleashX boot?

#4 Ndure protagonist

Ndure protagonist

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 15 April 2006 - 07:16 PM

{=
Re. "So ..."; real C.

Re. "Is ..."; that's probably the most likely potential usage of it.
=}

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users