6 replies to this topic

#1 IBBIAZ

IBBIAZ

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 01:54 AM

Hey. I looked all around last November or so because my xsnes9x screwed up on me. It would load, but the menu would pop up and where there is usually a list of roms is just empty. Last time I looked (in November), there was no solution. Everyone on the xsnes9x forums just said that I have to run them from a disk because once it stopped reading the roms, they couldn't figure out how to get it working again.

But now, 5 months later, I was hoping that someone figured out a solution (after I got my new DVD drive, I can't load up the disk that I had the roms on). Does anyone know anyting I could do?

#2 Pablonfist

Pablonfist

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 03:26 AM

Have you tried deleting all files and install it again? Also delete the Xsnes9x save located at the Udata, Tdata folder.

Also check that your roms are at the right folder inside the emulator.

That is what I usually do when the configuration is screewed up for some emulator or application.

If you still heve the same problem, try getting a diferent version of Xsnes9x or a fresh one of the one you already have.

Hope this helps.

#3 IBBIAZ

IBBIAZ

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 04:25 AM

I've tried reinstalling it (deleting everything in the folder and the configuration file in either tdata or udata), tried about three different versions, and made sure that the rom path was set correctly.

Could you list out the folders/files that I should delete in case I missed something?

#4 Thraxen

Thraxen

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 16 April 2006 - 05:08 AM

Are your ROMS zipped? If not, try zipping them.

#5 IBBIAZ

IBBIAZ

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 05:21 AM

Nope, all are scm files.

It was working for a few months, and then Blam! I start up my box, load up xsnes9x and none of the roms that were on the menu previously were there anymore.

#6 Thraxen

Thraxen

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 16 April 2006 - 05:28 AM

QUOTE(IBBIAZ @ Apr 15 2006, 11:28 PM) View Post

Nope, all are scm files.
It was working for a few months, and then Blam! I start up my box, load up xsnes9x and none of the roms that were on the menu previously were there anymore.

I suppose you mean smc? Because it's not likely going to see files labeled as scm smile.gif

Anyway, try zipping a few and see if they show up. You really should zip them anyway just to save on space. Other than that, simply deleting the xSNES9x save from the MS Dash normally fixes problems like this.

#7 IBBIAZ

IBBIAZ

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 07:07 AM

I've delted the save from there as well. I don't know what I did, but it's messed up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users