Jrgong420

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 April 2006 - 05:37 AM

Never had this problem before but i'm using the newest build (yes I deleted the previous settings), with the latest x3 bios. Whether the settings on xbmc are default(dasboard) or automatic (or static for that matter) the same thing happens, i'm able to get an ip address and everything except there is no connection to the internet, no weather or shoutcast(can't connect to server). But I can connect to both the xbmc script thingy (sorry it's late and I can't think of what it's called) and I can still make an ftp connection between my computer and xbox. Is it something with my bios or what?? Just really confused, maybe port settings on my router?

#2 ClintiePoo

ClintiePoo

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 16 April 2006 - 06:59 AM

In the past I had to go to the MS dash and redetect network settings. After that everything was fine. Give that a shot. (It does connect to live. I would disable the chip, just in case.)

#3 imamafackinhokie

imamafackinhokie

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 April 2006 - 04:22 PM

try deleting the xbmc gamesaves.

#4 Jrgong420

Jrgong420

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 08:20 AM

Clintie I would try your idea except that there is something wrong with my eeprom and I am unable to boot the ms dash, that could explain my problem, maybe there is some connection. Imamfukinhokie I already deleted my gamesaves as stated in my original post. Anywho I guess I'm just f**ked by the fact I'm unable to boot the ms dash (which makes sense in the fact that I haven't been able to connect to the internet since my eeprom issue started). It's weird (I know it doesn't belong here) but whenever I try to boot the ms dash all I get is flashing red light and no audio/video (I get the same thing when I just unplug the x3 chip). Whats even weirder is the fact that I can change my eeprom (lock and unlock different hdds) and the xbox and hdds still work but no dice without the chip on. Any other ideas are more than welcome thanks for the help.

#5 Jrgong420

Jrgong420

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 07:48 AM

Is there anyway to get an internet connection using xbmc and a "corrupted" eeprom image/chip?

#6 ClintiePoo

ClintiePoo

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 02:47 AM

Restore the MS dash from the slayer's disk.

I don't know about EEPROM's. Can't help you there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users