Photo

Anybody Else's Game Freeze Right After Clavicus Vile?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 TheAbyss13

TheAbyss13

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 April 2006 - 11:48 PM

Right after I hand him the sword, an orc comes up and I guess tries to hand me something or touch the shrine and my game freezes, every time. Anybody else get this? This is the only freezing glitch I've came across.

Also, when you complete the quest, is it supposed to automatically take the statue of the dog out of your inventory? It's not doing that for me. A few seconds after he takes Umbra, my game freezes.

Edited by TheAbyss13, 16 April 2006 - 11:55 PM.

#2 Carlo210

Carlo210

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,220 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 April 2006 - 11:54 PM

A LOT of people are having this problem.

#3 TheAbyss13

TheAbyss13

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 11:56 PM

Alright, so it is a widespread problem. Anybody get passed it yet? Or is this going to be fixed when bethesda releases the patch?

#4 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 12:04 AM

Ive gone back 15 times and have tried since it initially happened and it still freezes.

Dont feel bad, atleast youre not alone, and dont listen to others here that are paranoid, some think its our 360s. They know very little when it comes to software bugs rolleyes.gif

#5 TheAbyss13

TheAbyss13

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 06:40 PM

I finally got past this stupid glitch. I finished the quest and got that damn dog statue removed! It only took me 30 some odd tries.
This is what I did: I went to the shrine and gave him the sword, and right after he stopped talking, I waited for three hours. Right after that, I waited for three more hours. Again, and again, and again, I waited for three hours. I think I did it around 5 or 6 times. Then right after that, I fast travelled to the imperial temple district (I think). The dog finally started talking and was removed. I didn't move or breathe for a minute. It didn't freeze. That's how I got around this glitch. God that sucked.

Edited by TheAbyss13, 17 April 2006 - 06:41 PM.

#6 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 07:17 PM

lol, I wont be bothering, glad you got it to work though.

I forgot all about that dog and how it got there laugh.gif

#7 TheAbyss13

TheAbyss13

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 07:28 PM

Yeah, I was going to wait until they release a patch or something that fixes it, but I have found that I'm not that good at waiting. Hope you get around it soon.

#8 Storm28

Storm28

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 05:43 PM

If its freezing for you, do other things and just fast travel there before you stop playing and try it again. I went back periodically after doing a few other quests and finally it just worked. No idea why. But I did hear others say the same. And if it locks right before you were going to shut it off anyway, you don't lose anything.

#9 HoloAaron

HoloAaron

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 06:30 PM

HEY ALL. I FOUND AN EASIER GO-AROUND FOR THIS FRUSTRATING GLITCH. INSTEAD OF COMPLETING THIS QUEST, FIND A NEW ONE AND START IT (LEAVE THE SWORD RETURN AS YOUR ACTIVE QUEST), FAST TRAVEL BACK TO THE SHRINE WHERE YOU HAVE TO CHOOSE WHETHER OR NOT TO GIVE UP THE SWORD, THEN CHANGE YOUR ACTIVE QUEST TO THE NEW QUEST, THEN TALK TO THE SHRINE. THE DOG WILL BEHAVE NORMALLY.

CHEERS ALL!

Edited by HoloAaron, 29 May 2006 - 06:31 PM.

#10 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 29 May 2006 - 06:35 PM

yea mine freezes. I think you are supposed to talk to one of the followers, then go in front of the statue, then talk to it say no, then immediately drop umbra and then fast travel and you should see the dog statue go away, i tried this and it worked but then it froze on me. I guess you arent supposed to move after fast traveling but even if you wait still it freezes.

#11 pennywisdom

pennywisdom

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 29 May 2006 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE(TheAbyss13 @ Apr 17 2006, 01:47 PM) View Post

I finally got past this stupid glitch. I finished the quest and got that damn dog statue removed! It only took me 30 some odd tries.
This is what I did: I went to the shrine and gave him the sword, and right after he stopped talking, I waited for three hours. Right after that, I waited for three more hours. Again, and again, and again, I waited for three hours. I think I did it around 5 or 6 times. Then right after that, I fast travelled to the imperial temple district (I think). The dog finally started talking and was removed. I didn't move or breathe for a minute. It didn't freeze. That's how I got around this glitch. God that sucked.

i can verify that this method works. i just tried it and it worked the first time. i rested for 3 hours 6 different times and then fast traveled to the waterfront and everything was fine. now when i go back to the shrine, the dog statue is there like normal.

every other method i tried did nothing for me so cheers. beerchug.gif

#12 boxrocker

boxrocker

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 29 May 2006 - 10:16 PM

And exactly, how are you resting at the shrine?

#13 pennywisdom

pennywisdom

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 30 May 2006 - 02:31 AM

QUOTE(boxrocker @ May 29 2006, 05:23 PM) View Post

And exactly, how are you resting at the shrine?

well actually i meant waiting... you know, by pressing the back button. wink.gif

as soon as youre done giving him the sword just press back as soon as the game lets you and keep doing that without letting the game progress time itself. pretty simple actually.

Edited by pennywisdom, 30 May 2006 - 02:32 AM.

#14 Corrosive Substance

Corrosive Substance

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 02:38 AM

What do you mean are you talking about the guy that wants you to give him the Umbra? Does the game freeze for you guys or is it still in motion just locked into talking to the dog mode? It is simple, just go talk to the leader of the believers and then he will say go take the sword to him. Wait a bit and a message should come up. Go to the shrine and tell the dog fuck you and keep the sword because the helmet sucks.

#15 boxrocker

boxrocker

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 30 May 2006 - 02:59 AM

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Do you mean you are hitting the back button beside the guide button?

QUOTE(pennywisdom @ May 29 2006, 09:38 PM) View Post

well actually i meant waiting... you know, by pressing the back button. wink.gif

as soon as youre done giving him the sword just press back as soon as the game lets you and keep doing that without letting the game progress time itself. pretty simple actually.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users