• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 remedee

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 06:51 AM

This chip has been one headache after another, so finally I'm just soldering it in. The chip works, but I'm guessing I didn't properly clear the lacquer from the D0 point before soldering, so the connection there definitely seems to be the weak point. Now I can't get all of the solder up to clear everything out properly, so I'm looking for an alternative point that I can simply route to the D0 point on the PCB. Anyone happen to know or (more importantly) have any pics of an alternate D0 point I could use, if there even is one? Any help is greatly appreciated. I have a pretty good idea of what I'm doing, but this one box is being a nightmare because I rushed ahead like a jackass and didn't properly clear out the lacquer. There's my own personal flame, feel free to add to it, so long as you add some pics or other assistance wink.gif

#2 Alex548

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,414 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 April 2006 - 08:06 AM

Since you're having trouble with lacquer, I'm guessing you have a 1.6 motherboard (you didn't specify in your post).

IPB Image

#3 remedee

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 08:31 AM

Ya know, I re-read everything before posting that and though "yep, that should be clear enough" and wanted to slap myself after you mentioned the fact that I didn't specify that it was a 1.6 box. But before said slapping, I went back to soldering. Thank you! That pic was exactly what I needed and worked like a charm!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users