2 replies to this topic

#1 remedee

remedee

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 06:51 AM

This chip has been one headache after another, so finally I'm just soldering it in. The chip works, but I'm guessing I didn't properly clear the lacquer from the D0 point before soldering, so the connection there definitely seems to be the weak point. Now I can't get all of the solder up to clear everything out properly, so I'm looking for an alternative point that I can simply route to the D0 point on the PCB. Anyone happen to know or (more importantly) have any pics of an alternate D0 point I could use, if there even is one? Any help is greatly appreciated. I have a pretty good idea of what I'm doing, but this one box is being a nightmare because I rushed ahead like a jackass and didn't properly clear out the lacquer. There's my own personal flame, feel free to add to it, so long as you add some pics or other assistance wink.gif

TIA

#2 Alex548

Alex548

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,411 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 April 2006 - 08:06 AM

Since you're having trouble with lacquer, I'm guessing you have a 1.6 motherboard (you didn't specify in your post).

IPB Image

#3 remedee

remedee

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 08:31 AM

Ya know, I re-read everything before posting that and though "yep, that should be clear enough" and wanted to slap myself after you mentioned the fact that I didn't specify that it was a 1.6 box. But before said slapping, I went back to soldering. Thank you! That pic was exactly what I needed and worked like a charm!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users