33 replies to this topic

#1 ICY319

ICY319

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 05:41 AM

i have an old xbox from either 2003 or 2004, i used UXE method to mod it after reading this thread http://forums.xbox-s...hp/t443489.html made a cd-r and it worked. even though i did have a problem and it gave me some crappy xbox live is not connecting screen, i made it work when i installed fonts from the same cd.

then i bought a new xbox and i wanna mod it for somebody. my question is will UXE method work? and if it does, whats the point of using the "NEW" NDURE softmod? my evox is uptodate 3935 i believe??? and i used old UXE method. i skimmed through the "NEW" NDURE method and its 50 times more complicated and more time consuming?

please somebody give me some feedback, i dont wanna waste too much time on this new method which just seems like its the same old thing with "updated fonts", who cares about some fonts my evox works PERFECTLY! not one bad game, it reads all region games!! thank you in advance!

#2 Ndure protagonist

Ndure protagonist

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 18 April 2006 - 09:03 AM

The blue link in my sig might be of interest to you/them ... it's a bit outdated though (as Ndure evolved some more after that).

#3 torne

torne

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Interests:Reverse engineering, Linux, crazy operating systems voodoo, embedded development
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 April 2006 - 02:44 PM

UXE will work just fine. But, NDURE is easier than you seem to think. There are some minor advantages to the NDURE method but ultimately if you can't work out how to install it, and you can successfully do UXE, then you aren't missing a lot.

Krayzie's NDURE gamesave installer is pretty much the easiest way, if you have access to one of the exploitable games. Installing like that is pretty much identical to installing UXE from a gamesave, it's certainly not harder.

#4 ICY319

ICY319

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 08:55 AM

hey guys, what is eprom? i been meaning to ask you this but i cant find any tutorials on it. if i backup the entire xbox HD, would that be enough? or do i gotta do something with eprom file to back it up or something? my xbox i modded i didnt back it up and couldve messed it up real bad so now i dont wanna take any chances.

QUOTE(torne @ Apr 18 2006, 02:51 PM) View Post

UXE will work just fine. But, NDURE is easier than you seem to think. There are some minor advantages to the NDURE method but ultimately if you can't work out how to install it, and you can successfully do UXE, then you aren't missing a lot.

Krayzie's NDURE gamesave installer is pretty much the easiest way, if you have access to one of the exploitable games. Installing like that is pretty much identical to installing UXE from a gamesave, it's certainly not harder.

can you backup the Hard Drive files before you use NDURE without opening your xbox? what are the minor advantages to the NDURE?

also could you drop a link to krayzie's ndure gamesave?

#5 torne

torne

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Interests:Reverse engineering, Linux, crazy operating systems voodoo, embedded development

Posted 19 April 2006 - 02:03 PM

QUOTE(ICY319 @ Apr 19 2006, 09:02 AM) View Post

hey guys, what is eprom? i been meaning to ask you this but i cant find any tutorials on it. if i backup the entire xbox HD, would that be enough? or do i gotta do something with eprom file to back it up or something? my xbox i modded i didnt back it up and couldve messed it up real bad so now i dont wanna take any chances.

The install process for Krayzie's exploit will prompt you to back up the eeprom (and will not let you continue until you have) - it will save it on the xbox HDD in e:\backups\eeprom (a file called eeprom.bin). As soon as this is done, FTP into the xbox and save the eeprom.bin file on your PC somewhere.

can you backup the Hard Drive files before you use NDURE without opening your xbox? what are the minor advantages to the NDURE?

Yes. When you boot the gamesave exploit, before it installs anything you have the ability to FTP into the Xbox to back it up. What I'd suggest:
1) Boot gamesave
2) Select "Backup eeprom" from menu
3) Back up Xbox hdd over FTP, including e:\backups\eeprom directory
4) Continue installing NDURE

also could you drop a link to krayzie's ndure gamesave?

It's in the usual places, read this: http://www.xbox-scen...icles/xbins.php
Once you're there it's something like /xbox/exploits/packages/krayzie's ndure installer 1.1... I forget exactly wink.gif

#6 liv2ride

liv2ride

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 02:09 PM

Isn't the usual places old now ? for sure some reason, ive found a url link that lets me in to the usual places without ftp or anything !??! just my 2 cents ! Cuz after i found it, i said screw with the usual places and their download limit and username and all that bs

Edited by liv2ride, 19 April 2006 - 02:09 PM.

#7 torne

torne

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 08:08 PM

Other sites exist that copy stuff from the usual places and post it without the same requirements to get in, but they are not the same place. They are unlikely to be as up to date and nobody here will discuss it. If whatever other place you're looking doesn't have krayzie's ndure installer 1.1 then that pretty much proves they aren't up to date wink.gif

Xbins works the way it works for a good reason.

#8 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 April 2006 - 08:15 PM

Yeah xbins is not about making it hard to get files. it's about getting files from a solid place without crappy stuff. Sure there are easier ways to get your software but 90 % of the stuff that is out there in the wild is garbage.

#9 ICY319

ICY319

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 08:55 AM

QUOTE(torne @ Apr 19 2006, 02:10 PM) View Post

The install process for Krayzie's exploit will prompt you to back up the eeprom (and will not let you continue until you have) - it will save it on the xbox HDD in e:\backups\eeprom (a file called eeprom.bin). As soon as this is done, FTP into the xbox and save the eeprom.bin file on your PC somewhere.
Yes. When you boot the gamesave exploit, before it installs anything you have the ability to FTP into the Xbox to back it up. What I'd suggest:
1) Boot gamesave
2) Select "Backup eeprom" from menu
3) Back up Xbox hdd over FTP, including e:\backups\eeprom directory
4) Continue installing NDURE
It's in the usual places, read this: http://www.xbox-scen...icles/xbins.php
Once you're there it's something like /xbox/exploits/packages/krayzie's ndure installer 1.1... I forget exactly wink.gif

huge props on all the info ,but i got a few q's...

i got 3 diff NDURE versions from the ftp:

Krayzie_007_Ndure_Installer_v1.1.rar
Krayzie_MA_Ndure_Installer_v1.1.rar
Krayzie_SC-NTSC_Ndure_Installer_v1.1.rar

there was a PAL one but i dont want a european release. anyway which one means what? if i chose ntsc, will it only play ntsc releases? see this is why im skeptical about this stuff cuz my uxe installer got my evox play all region games and im afraid the new uptodate ndure will mess the evox up. what are the other 2 versions mean?

what is eeprom and how does it work?

#10 chorizo1

chorizo1

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,883 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 21 April 2006 - 09:03 AM

QUOTE(ICY319 @ Apr 21 2006, 03:02 AM) View Post

Krayzie_007_Ndure_Installer_v1.1.rar
Krayzie_MA_Ndure_Installer_v1.1.rar
Krayzie_SC-NTSC_Ndure_Installer_v1.1.rar

Krayzie_007 - agent under fire
Krayzie_MA - Mechassault
Krayzie_SC - Splinter Cell

the games they are used for.

Use the version that pertains to your Xbox

PAL - European

NTSC - North America

also, don't you think if this Installer is NEWER than the UXE one it would have ALL the same things as that installer PLUS more.

Edited by chorizo1, 21 April 2006 - 09:05 AM.

#11 ICY319

ICY319

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 09:13 AM

QUOTE(chorizo1 @ Apr 21 2006, 09:10 AM) View Post

Krayzie_007 - agent under fire
Krayzie_MA - Mechassault
Krayzie_SC - Splinter Cell

the games they are used for.

Use the version that pertains to your Xbox

PAL - European

NTSC - North America

also, don't you think if this Installer is NEWER than the UXE one it would have ALL the same things as that installer PLUS more.

i dont get it, why would you have versions for games instead of an xbox you installing? "use the version that pertains to your Xbox" could you clarify that? i dont got any of these 3 games, how do i know which version pertains to my xbox?

im just making sure bro, i dont wanna mess this up cuz once im modding it im giving it away and i dont feel like spending days and weeks fixing the xbox i messed up..

so you basically make an ISO of ntsc version, burn it to a CDRW disk(will cdrw's work or you need only DVDR?), then just follow instructions??? no need to open up my xbox like in uxe softmod?

Edited by ICY319, 21 April 2006 - 09:16 AM.

#12 torne

torne

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 02:44 PM

Those files are for use with gamesave exploits - to use them you need to have (buy, rent, borrow) a copy of the relevant game, and a way to transfer the save onto your xbox (via memory card, usually).

If you don't have access to any of those games you will need to hotswap your xbox hard disk to install a softmod - see the stickied thread at the top of this forum.

#13 VerbalVenom

VerbalVenom

X-S Expert

• PipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 22 April 2006 - 04:11 AM

Sorry to barge in on your topic, but what Kernel and Dashboard versions are supported by Ndure? I'm extremely exited about this softmod but I haven't found out what Kernel and Dashboard it supports.

#14 Ndure protagonist

Ndure protagonist

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 06:05 AM

VerbalVenom; ALL kernel and dashboard versions are supported by Ndure, but MS dash 5960 (release 185ead00) provides the most XBL features.

Edited by Ndure protagonist, 22 April 2006 - 06:06 AM.

#15 VerbalVenom

VerbalVenom

X-S Expert

• PipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 22 April 2006 - 06:45 AM

QUOTE(Ndure protagonist @ Apr 22 2006, 06:12 AM) View Post

VerbalVenom; ALL kernel and dashboard versions are supported by Ndure, but MS dash 5960 (release 185ead00) provides the most XBL features.

Great! Thanks a bunch!!. One more question. Say I have an older dash, is upgrading as simple as logging in live and letting it update, or is it version specific. Thanks again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users