3 replies to this topic

#1 dohopoki

dohopoki

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 08:48 PM

I'd like to be able to quickly transfer files under 8 mb using my xbox memory unit. I already do this actually, the unleash-x file explorer lets me access my memory card as the H drive and just copy files from it to my xbox harddrive but the problem is getting the files from my pc to the memory unit. The only way I know how is to use Action Replay but to do that I have to put the files I want to transfer into an actual xbox save and rezip it. It's not very convient and it takes up extra space. Is there a way I connect the memory unit to my pc and it read it as just an 8 meg card that I can just drag and drop any files into?

#2 grindar

grindar

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 09:36 PM

http://captainameric.....rive tut.html

you ought to be able to do something like this and turn it into a 8mb flash drive. Makes more sense to get or make a usb adapter and just use a flash drive though. Not sure how the xbox would react to the mem card after reformatting it like this, so wait till somebody else gives the OK, cause I've never done it before and don't plan to.

#3 dohopoki

dohopoki

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 12:18 AM

I tried something similar to that and it made me realize that what I want is probably not going to happen. When I turn the Memory Card into a removable storage drive Windows can read, I change the format so when I put the card into the xbox it forces me to reformat and then I'm just back to square one. It's not a huge deal anyhow.

#4 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 19 April 2006 - 03:54 AM

That's because the Xbox uses a FAT-X file system, which is incompatible with a PC's NTFS (or maybe even FAT/FAT32) file system. You end up having to revert back to the target device's file system to achieve read/write-ablility (unless you go through the hassles of AR and other hoops needing jumping-through).

Edited by Xombe, 19 April 2006 - 03:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users