36 replies to this topic

#1 mbay

mbay

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 08:55 PM

I must say I am very happy BB was only asked to do what was asked, and that he is cooperating so that there will be no delays.

Can't wait to see the new screenshots.

Btw, thanks again to BB and the team for their hard work - looking forward to your beautiful project.

Edited by Blackbolt, 18 April 2006 - 09:17 PM.

#2 xboxbox451

xboxbox451

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 18 April 2006 - 11:59 PM

Wow, just goes to show what an incredible project this has become and the attention its received. Glad to see MS set a rather simple guideline for you guys to follow.

Kudos to MS for supporting open source rather than oppressing it. I've purchased many MS products over the years and have always held a respect for their software line. This just strengthens my respect for them.

#3 nige182

nige182

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 19 April 2006 - 12:38 AM

I never really thought of MS as anything other than another big corporation in it for the money until now. The fact that they have done this makes me see them in a new light, it coincides with what they have been slowly hinting at in that they can see that homebrew is a way forward. Kudos to Blackbolt with the skin and kudos to MS for their reasonable request and respect they have shown each other.

#4 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,531 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 19 April 2006 - 12:53 AM

QUOTE(nige182 @ Apr 19 2006, 09:45 AM) View Post

I never really thought of MS as anything other than another big corporation in it for the money until now. The fact that they have done this makes me see them in a new light, it coincides with what they have been slowly hinting at in that they can see that homebrew is a way forward. Kudos to Blackbolt with the skin and kudos to MS for their reasonable request and respect they have shown each other.

I also have no hate for MS but I got to say it suprizes me that they can be OK with anything that makes people want to hack their original xbox consols more (see XBMC > 360 media capabilities) or anything to do with Xbox hacking. I guess they moved onto bigger and better things with the 360

#5 Pheidias

Pheidias

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 April 2006 - 08:39 AM

Gaming industry is all about selling consoles, even if 50% of them run pirated games or not, most people atleast buy one or two games. You really think sony would have had such a huge market if the psx wouldn't have been the easiest console ever to mod, and you really think the xbox had sold even half as much consoles as it has thanks to modding. And as a final note, this skin could easely be the biggest PR MS will ever get for free

#6 Cr4z33

Cr4z33

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 09:27 AM

What I was wondering is how will we be able to restore something in the MC360 gui?
I mean, I d/l the skin and then I would like to put back the various M******t logos for my living room's XBOX.
Do I need the MS SDK or is it just good using Photoshop? huh.gif

#7 Pheidias

Pheidias

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 09:34 AM

Locked textures should mean that you can't change any of the textures

#8 Blackbolt

Blackbolt

Skin God

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 19 April 2006 - 10:04 AM

QUOTE(Pheidias @ Apr 19 2006, 08:46 AM) View Post

Gaming industry is all about selling consoles, even if 50% of them run pirated games or not, most people atleast buy one or two games. You really think sony would have had such a huge market if the psx wouldn't have been the easiest console ever to mod, and you really think the xbox had sold even half as much consoles as it has thanks to modding. And as a final note, this skin could easely be the biggest PR MS will ever get for free

Dude, thats the biggest load of balls I have read on this forum.

Consoles take a MASSIVE hit, they very rarely sell for less than they cost to make, the loss on these machines does not mean that the industry is all about the consoles, the money to be made is in the software and so piracy is a huge problem when it comes to that, sure they still make money back, but alot is lost through piracy, by that I mean the selling of copied games is the worst part of it as people are selling the games cheaply, inferior to idiots who are paying for these copies that if they had half a brain would know how to download themselves.

This is NOT the biggest PR MS has ever gotten for free, MC360 is not that well known, its only known amongst a few thousand people, you should really read up on such things before you start saying things on here that you clearly havent researched.

#9 failurbydesign

failurbydesign

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 11:21 AM

QUOTE(Blackbolt @ Apr 19 2006, 02:11 AM) View Post

Dude, thats the biggest load of balls I have read on this forum.

Consoles take a MASSIVE hit, they very rarely sell for less than they cost to make, the loss on these machines does not mean that the industry is all about the consoles, the money to be made is in the software and so piracy is a huge problem when it comes to that, sure they still make money back, but alot is lost through piracy, by that I mean the selling of copied games is the worst part of it as people are selling the games cheaply, inferior to idiots who are paying for these copies that if they had half a brain would know how to download themselves.

This is NOT the biggest PR MS has ever gotten for free, MC360 is not that well known, its only known amongst a few thousand people, you should really read up on such things before you start saying things on here that you clearly havent researched.

Get em pa..i mean blackbolt...

i wanted to sound like red neck.....

Edited by failurbydesign, 19 April 2006 - 11:22 AM.

#10 darkcmd

darkcmd

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 12:35 PM

I don't have any hard feelings about them also, but you know that if it would have been handled by MS in America things would be a bit different right now.

#11 Pheidias

Pheidias

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 01:41 PM

Blackbolt we are talking consoles here, the more consoles you sell the more incentive the game developers get to develop games for your console, why do you think there are as good as no japanese games on the xbox and xbox 360, have they even sold one unit in big olī Nippon. But yeah maybe I shouldn't have said that it is the gaming industry that is interested in selling consoles, it is of course just the console makers.

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=495382

Edited by Pheidias, 19 April 2006 - 01:48 PM.

#12 Dannydeman

Dannydeman

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 02:00 PM

Don't realy care abou the logos though.. Thik BB will come up with a good alternative smile.gif

And MS shouldn't complain, i know alot of people buying XBOXes only because the media stuff... Better this then a dead console. I can't miss my XBMC, i use it everyday to watch my shows or movies. And it is very cheap also, a real mediacenter is much more expensive tnen this. And it is almost equil then the best media center, if not better.

#13 GodOfWarAres

GodOfWarAres

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 19 April 2006 - 02:44 PM

there's no way they would try to can the project... because that would continue the myth that M$ is evil, etc... M$ knows they get alot of great ideas from the Modders, so it makes no sense to try and alienate them.

Plus... M$ realizes that it's more important to focus on the Online aspect rather than the Hardware, homebrew, open source stuff or even illegal copying of the games. Because ppl need to buy the actual game to play Xbox Live. Granted, there is Xlink, but that's far inferior to Live.

#14 DiGiTY

DiGiTY

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 19 April 2006 - 05:39 PM

butterfly farts... easy now

#15 sneekysneeky

sneekysneeky

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 06:18 PM

I wouldn't be half surprised if MS staff are awaiting this skin as much as the people around here so that they can use it on their modded xboxes too... laugh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users