#1 tazzmission

tazzmission

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 April 2006 - 11:28 PM

I think I have a bad chip. I used an xapter 1.6 solderless adapter in combination with an x3 mod chip. If the mod chip is plugged into the pin headers on the xapter 1.6 the Xbox will power on and off three times then frag. It will boot fine to the M$ dash without the chip plugged in. I do get all 5 colored led's on the xapter to light up so I know the pins are set into the holes right. Is there anything else it could beother than a bad chip?

#2 abrocky

abrocky

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 19 April 2006 - 12:46 AM

the pins may be aligned, but what about the Do point?? and the other rebuild pins?

if they are not correctly in then it will frag.

#3 tazzmission

tazzmission

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 02:38 AM

QUOTE(abrocky @ Apr 19 2006, 12:53 AM) View Post

the pins may be aligned, but what about the Do point?? and the other rebuild pins?

if they are not correctly in then it will frag.

As I said the xapter 1.6 rebuild wires are all correctly attached. I get all 5 led's to light up indicating it is connected properly.

#4 tazzmission

tazzmission

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 03:06 AM

I installed the external switch too, I did not have that connected at first. The display on the switch stays red every time I power the Xbox on.

#5 abrocky

abrocky

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 19 April 2006 - 01:55 PM

what happens then u remove the chip, does it still frag?

Check the rebuild wires - some times there can be laquer that can prevent a true connection - more than likely it is this.

#6 tazzmission

tazzmission

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE(abrocky @ Apr 19 2006, 02:02 PM) View Post

what happens then u remove the chip, does it still frag?

Check the rebuild wires - some times there can be laquer that can prevent a true connection - more than likely it is this.

It boots fine without the chip plugged in. I think I might just go ahead and solder the chip and x3 lpc rebuild on and see what happens. I was just being lazy and wanted to try out the Xapter. I think that is the issue though. The Chip worked in my other Xbox that died. I actually need to find out what X3Config Live sets the HDD locking password to so that I can unlock my 200GB HDD that was in my old Xbox so I can use it in my new one too.

Edited by tazzmission, 19 April 2006 - 06:34 PM.

#7 scandal20

scandal20

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 02:08 AM

This sounds almost like the problem I am having as well. The Xapt3r is showing all five LED's lit and the X3 has the two blue plus green LED lit up. If I have the switch set to on on off off off then usually I get the frag problem. However, I can still get it to boot up to the normal dashboard as well. None of the combinations on the switches seems to work, no matter what I try the switch is always lit up red. Any ideas at all?

#8 tazzmission

tazzmission

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 05:14 AM

QUOTE(scandal20 @ Apr 20 2006, 02:15 AM) View Post

This sounds almost like the problem I am having as well. The Xapt3r is showing all five LED's lit and the X3 has the two blue plus green LED lit up. If I have the switch set to on on off off off then usually I get the frag problem. However, I can still get it to boot up to the normal dashboard as well. None of the combinations on the switches seems to work, no matter what I try the switch is always lit up red. Any ideas at all?

I am just going to solder mine in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users