9 replies to this topic

#1 Jayson745

Jayson745

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 02:21 PM

I didn't mod my own xbox and want it set up different. Right now I click on Launch Menu then Games and have a list of games, I would rather have the little square pictures to pick from. Do I have to use media center as my dashboard? If so where can I read how to do that? It seems like the 1st modified xbox I played on had the little pictures to pick from without media center up(which would be better), but it was so long ago I'm not sure if I'm just remembering wrong or what. Also my emulators are just thrown into the list of games, I would like to have those seperate.

any help or links to help will be appretiated. I've looked around and can't seem to find the info I'm looking for.

#2 liv2ride

liv2ride

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 19 April 2006 - 02:26 PM

If your in a dash like UnleahsX it could just be the skin your using, sometimes theres a big open spto, but for preview videos. Xbmc can be foundin the usual places .. search for xbins on here. should help yah out

#3 Jayson745

Jayson745

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 02:51 PM

I have media center but am wondering about having the games listed with pictures like that without xbmc running. Or at least so it comes up automaticly, so I don't have to boot it every time. And honestly Im not even shure what dashboard I'm running. When the xbox boots it says xecuter2 under the big X but most of the skins say evolutionX. I know it was softmodded. unsure.gif

#4 619

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE(Jayson745 @ Apr 19 2006, 02:58 PM) View Post

I have media center but am wondering about having the games listed with pictures like that without xbmc running. Or at least so it comes up automaticly, so I don't have to boot it every time. And honestly Im not even shure what dashboard I'm running. When the xbox boots it says xecuter2 under the big X but most of the skins say evolutionX. I know it was softmodded. unsure.gif

Your xbox has a Xecuter2 Modchip. Your xbox is using the Evo X dashboard.

#5 BigSteel

BigSteel

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 19 April 2006 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE(619 @ Apr 19 2006, 03:50 PM) View Post

Your xbox has a Xecuter2 Modchip. Your xbox is using the Evo X dashboard.

Change your dashboard to Unleash X and check out THIS

Edited by BigSteel, 19 April 2006 - 03:52 PM.

#6 Jayson745

Jayson745

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 04:10 PM

thats crazy. I only paid the guy $30, and gave him my xbox and a hardrive(no chip). Mabey he messed up the softmod and had to chip it or something.

anyway. I don't know how to change dashboards, and don't know what I'm supposed to be looking at in that link huh.gif

#7 BigSteel

BigSteel

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 19 April 2006 - 05:03 PM

Sounds to me like you got a TSOP flash. A softmod wouldn't show Xecuter2 under the logo. In that link, if you click on 'skins' you can find a bunch of different skins for your particular dashboard. Easiest way to install a new dash would be do a quick google search for "Auto Installer Deluxe". It is a disc that allows you to install a bunch of different dashboards etc.

#8 Jayson745

Jayson745

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 05:39 PM

so if I get auto installer delux, and figure out how to get Unleash X on there, I can get skins, and some skins can let you have pictures of your games instead of a list of games?

I'm still quite new and starting to wonder if this is something I should try.

I guess I was hoping there was some easy way to have xbmc come up by default and without the boarder. Like just the collums of pictures of games

#9 Jayson745

Jayson745

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 02:42 AM

I want to be sure this is what I need before I do it

so if I get auto installer delux, and figure out how to get Unleash X on there, I can get skins, and some skins can let you have pictures of your games instead of a list of games? none of those skins look like that.

I should probably just be happy my box is working and leave it alone, but I want it to be better.

#10 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 20 April 2006 - 04:09 AM

You can make XBMC your main dash (re: first booting dash) by following the guide in the XBMC Forum pinned topics guide "How to make XBMC your main dash"

Since you have a hardmod, it just involves moving the XBE file to somewhere where your BIOS will recognize it, such as the C:\ root and renaming it to something first in your boot order (yes, this is covered in detail in the guide, don't worry).

A few xboxmediacenter.xml edits might be needed depending on how you choose to do it.

The same goes for making UnleashX or any other dash your main one.

See my sig for examples if need be. Then check out the XBMC forum guides.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users