• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 vexmoore

vexmoore

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 08:28 PM

I've recently purchased a modded xbox (MXM). I downloaded Star Wars KotOR and when I get past a certain point on the Endir Spire or when I try to save, the game freezes. I've tried the suggested fixes, but nothing works,I've rewritien my ini. files butthey fail to work. Also the media dosen't load, like the opening movie for example

Again, I tried the suggested fix posted for KotOR 2 but it doesn't work for KotOR...what am I doing wrong? Do I need to download something or what?

I would be thankful for any help

#2 ACharmedMatrix

ACharmedMatrix

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 19 April 2006 - 11:50 PM

We don't support piracy here...anyway, there is a chance that your pirated copy is missing a file, try buying the game...

#3 vexmoore

vexmoore

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 07:28 AM

I do own the game, and I am copying it straight from the orginal disc (which i bought from wal-mart and if you'd like I can probably hunt down the recepit), straght to the hard drive.

I would play from the orginal game disc, but it's started to freeze at the same point as my back-up. The disc isn't dirty or damaged, it just dosn't load past a certain point at the beginning.

BTW, in the future when you make an assumption about someone, you might want to ask if that assumption is true, because,as in this case, it might not be true.

#4 vexmoore

vexmoore

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 09:53 PM

Ok, I believe I've discoered my problem.

After re-installing the game through dvd2xbox the game is runinning like it should, but the game still freezes when Itryto save, or when it autosaves. I even tried redirecting the saves to go to another file on the harddrive, but even that didn't work.

What would cause the game to freeze when it saves?

#5 ACharmedMatrix

ACharmedMatrix

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 04:24 AM

Firstly, sorry for my "incorrect" assumption... Does it freeze when using your disc too?

#6 vexmoore

vexmoore

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 07:02 AM

I should apologize as well...snapping at you was uncalled for on my part (sorry but it's been kinda edgy around my parts)

It was when I used the disc. but after fixing my time settings on my MS dashboard I was finally able to start playing it without it crashing.

I searched through the boards and found someone else that had a similar problem that was fixed after the clock was reset. I couldn't begin to imagin why that would cause my game to crash, but it did...oh well stranger things in the univrse I suppose...

Now I can start looking into some of these mods I've been reading about on the boards here smile.gif

#7 ACharmedMatrix

ACharmedMatrix

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 02:13 PM

Glad you fixed it...

#8 darth_turtur

darth_turtur

X-S Expert

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 May 2006 - 05:35 PM

Glad you guys got to settle that little dispute...

ACharmedMatrix...thanks for looking out on behalf of the scene. Your efforts are definitely appreciated. Just a note on that, make sure that you’re at least pretty accurate before you do point a finger though. I’ve seen things happen more often than I refuse to remember. But otherwise, great job on keeping a keen eye on piracy.

Vexmoore…make sure that you mention in the future (not just in this forum but in the other ones as well throughout X-S) that you backed up your ‘owned’ copy of a game. I know it sounds silly, but remember that the scene does not support nor do we tolerate any and all activities that pertain to piracy. Just be careful, ok?

Now to answer your original question, Kotor itself is a game that is plagued with so many bugs. Whether you play your original disc, or play it off the HD, the game has so many points of error throughout. My suggestion is downloading a running a couple of patches found on pcgamemods.com and save them in the TDATA folder of the game. There are tutorials pinned within the forum that gives you a more detailed walkthrough of how to run mods and patches for both Kotor 1 and 2. Hope that answers your question.

Your Friendly Mod,

D.T.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users