24 replies to this topic

#1 squarejawhero

squarejawhero

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 10:05 PM

... tear off the developers faces and wear them as a mask.

Seriously... not been so frustrated with a game since Bionic Commando on the C64. What were they thinking? Medium difficulty is insanely dumb, dumber still are the enemies... the stealth system is screwy... it starts off so well! OK, and the reaction time on the thumbstick? WHAT'S WITH THAT? How are you supposed to react?

Thank god it's a rental... and I even recommended this to someone? I hear the multiplay is ok though.

#2 Heet

Heet

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,965 posts
  • Interests:Pina coladas and getting caught in the rain. Disk space.
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 20 April 2006 - 12:42 AM

Aw shit, I was hoping it wouldnt suck.

#3 Joergen

Joergen

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 12:53 AM

Ahh bionic commando. I curse the day I let my friend borrow the NES cartridge, he broke it. I will still lament that day on my deathbed.

And yes I played this on the xbox and hated every minute of it. And I actually played through the PC original.

#4 redwolf

redwolf

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 April 2006 - 01:17 AM

played this on XBox1 the control was laggy as hell, then i thought it was buggy game or something huh.gif . good thing i didn't get it for x360 as i was planning to.

#5 Kernal69er

Kernal69er

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 01:24 AM

QUOTE(Heet @ Apr 19 2006, 07:49 PM) View Post

Aw shit, I was hoping it wouldnt suck.

Single player BLOWS, controls are laggy but Multi-player ROCKS

#6 VOlition

VOlition

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 20 April 2006 - 02:43 AM

The gameplay is not bad for me, but the xbox version and the xbox 360 version graphics are SO F' HORRIBLE! How can MS put a game like that level graphics on such a beutiful hardware. The game at times had comparable graphics with the n64. The grass and trees at times are horrible 2-dimension shaped if you stared at *any* object in the game, it is a blurred picture, GOD, what where they thinking.....

#7 nfs911

nfs911

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, PC Games- Counter-Strike: Source
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 20 April 2006 - 03:14 AM

QUOTE(Kernal69er @ Apr 19 2006, 08:31 PM) View Post

Single player BLOWS, controls are laggy but Multi-player ROCKS

Yep, I totally agree.

#8 Kraptreon

Kraptreon

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:they smell like cheese but they're not they're more like frogs
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 20 April 2006 - 05:05 AM

you people are messed, although i did not play the 360 version, the xbox version was great. I didn't notice any lag in the controls, the graphics were stunning, it ran great and load very fast. the only problem i had with it is i didn't like the later levels and tree textures were not that great. The best part was the map editor, I spent so many hours on it and i could load it down with hundreds of items without getting any lag

#9 VOlition

VOlition

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 20 April 2006 - 05:57 AM

QUOTE(Kraptreon @ Apr 19 2006, 09:12 PM) View Post

the graphics were stunning

What part was stunning?

#10 Superchunk

Superchunk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 06:58 AM

I was stunned, and I mean that, at how ugly it was. It looked much, much, much better on my PC when the firs one came out, oh about 3 years ago.

I rented it and played it for about 3 minutes. Horrible graphics, boring gameplay, none of the style and 'fun factor' of the original PC version - a total flop imo.

#11 DaShiZNiT

DaShiZNiT

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 08:06 AM

anybody who thinks this game is trash is just insane, clearly its not worth 60 dollars but hey...
@ least they threw in the older game-

I agree on the bad aiming, but I think the devs were thinking something like not wanting it to be a rambo run through, I mean shit, you are STRANDED ON AN ISLAND WITH NOTHING and all. Just hunt, snipe, and run your ass off. The graphics ARE AMAZING, or you just have a bad setup, nothing oblivion like but close to a nice PC rig running Farcry. Anyone who digs CS will just fall in love with online play.

I think newcomers to this series would like it more, especially online wink.gif

#12 mike_jacko

mike_jacko

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 08:58 AM

i think its fun ohmy.gif the graphics are good.. it looks better than bf2...aiming takes a few min to get use too but i'm enjoying single player pop.gif

#13 jizmo

jizmo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 09:07 AM

If you're planning to play it in the single player mode, you'll be probably disappointed. Sneaking is a joke and in too many cases the enemies manage to detect you from 200m meters away when you are approaching a camp. Those lush environments looked stunning two years ago - not so much any more. Plus, they do get very repetitive, you really get the feeling you're running on an endless voxel scenery that's created real time as you go. There's just not enough variation, especially if you've played Oblivion for a few days.

Don't even get me started on the butt-ugly and stupid enemies dry.gif

As underwhelming it is from time to time, it's still the best MP game for x360 out there for the time being. It's very easy to learn (if you have some friends over who haven't played it before), simple, light-hearted fragging. Multiple vehicles and solid frame rate make this game worth a few nights of matches with friends and as such it's a very good entertainment.

Edited by jizmo, 20 April 2006 - 09:10 AM.

#14 squarejawhero

squarejawhero

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 12:13 PM

OK, to answer some comments -

1) I'm not playing it on the Xbox. I'm playing it on the 360. Seeing as this is a NEWER GAME than the wonderful PC original, I was expecting a lot more. It does in no way look as good as the PC version on high settings in any way - the only thing they seemed to have concentrated on are the beautiful water effects. But when a tree is blocked to crap when you're near it and the characters aren't even anywhere near as decent, who cares? Immersion breaker on hi-res.

2) I appear to make more gain in single player by exploiting the idiocy of the AI than actually playing them. For example, you can take down an entire village simply by hiding under a hut. What happened to the PC AI?

I'm sure on Xbox it's a stunning achievement for hardware as old as it is. Truth is, this game isn't all that hot. I've got to try multiplayer... but I love my meaty single player titles. This just doesn't cut it.

#15 crobar

crobar

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 02:15 PM

you can take down an entire village simply by hiding under a hut.

haha sooo true!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users