4 replies to this topic

#1 cwhiteh2

cwhiteh2

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 11:07 PM

I used xboxhdm 1.7 and softmodded my v1.0 original WD drive. It worked great so I decided I'd upgrade.
I then took a Maxtor 160GB drive and used xboxhd, choose create a new drive...I formated the C, E and F. I then went to lockhd and when it asked for a password I figured I could use anything (cause it wasnt a retail and dint have an eeprom). I used "xbox". {lockhd -p xbox}

I tried to use it in my xbox and it gave me an error msg (HD? 6? ). I then went to xboxhd and all the choices were disabled and said my hd was locked. I went back to option 4 (freedos) and chose unlockhd -p xbox....thinking it would unlcok the hdd and I could format it again. It identifies the drive and says yes for security enabled and locked? All the choices are still disabled and I guess the drive is locked.

Anyway to unlock the drive?

Thanks

#2 cwhiteh2

cwhiteh2

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 12:14 AM

More info about the problem...

okay..I used option 4 then I did lockhd -p xbox... thats when the trouble began

It's a Maxtor 160GB...I tried atapwd...it said it was locked with max security.
I tried the master password xbox, XBOX, Xboxscene, XBOXSCENE, TEAMASSEMBLY and team assembly.
All were rejected by the drive... WOW...

Anyother solutions...what is weird is since there is no eeprom info, and I specified a password, you'd think
the pass would be xbox!

It says it needs a pass consisting of a-f and 0-9??? I wonder if it converted my password "xbox" into something else....

This is really weird...

#3 cwhiteh2

cwhiteh2

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 11:30 AM

bump...

any way to reset lock status on this maxtor?

#4 cwhiteh2

cwhiteh2

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 02:17 AM

Okay...not much love for me...but I press on..hehe

I figured out that I locked the drive with the freedos cmd lockhd or hdlock whatever and when it asked for a password I used xbox.

Well it didnt work in my xbox, got error 6. So I figure I'd try again...so I used the unlockhd cmd and behold it says it is unlocked. Even when I go into atapwd it shows unlocked.

Then I reboot by turning the pc off and on again and when I go into xboxhd it says it is locked??? I again go into freedos and unlock and again it says it did, then i check it using atapwd and again it says it is unlocked, but again after a reboot..it goes back to being locked....

Any answers on this...

#5 cwhiteh2

cwhiteh2

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 03:48 AM

okay i used hddisable.bat and it worked...thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users