• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Lawst

Lawst

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 11:10 PM

I tried a bunch oftimes over and searched a lot, after ther upgrade i ftped my box threw recovery mode and my new hard drive is formated with the partition letters qrsuwv, instead of cdefgh or whatever. what am i doing wrong?

I have a seagate st3120022a

JJackson

#2 JonBOY

JonBOY

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 April 2006 - 02:39 AM

QUOTE(Lawst @ Apr 19 2006, 11:17 PM) View Post

after ther upgrade i ftped my box threw recovery mode

FTP'd through recovery mode? I don't get what you mean by this, do you mean the chip is in recovery cos I don't see how thats possible.

Once you've booted to the Xenium OS with your original harddrive installed, FTP into the box and see what partitions are there. You should see C:, E:, X:, Y:, Z; if I recall correctly. If the partitions in the original drive appear as they're supposed to then i imagine there's an error in the way your drives are set up prior to running the wizard.

The new drive, should be set to slave and attached to the IDE cable where the DVD-ROM would normally go, and the original drive needs to be changed from its original setting of 'cable select' to 'master'.

Once the upgrade wizard is complete, set the new rive back to 'cable select' and attach it where the original drive was and re-attach your DVD-ROM. If you do all that exactly it should work fine.

Edited by JonBOY, 20 April 2006 - 02:41 AM.

#3 Lawst

Lawst

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 03:41 PM

by recovery i mean i booted it using the eject button, yea the original drive did have the usual set of partition letters, but after the upgrade when i install and run the new drive it gives me an error 21. so i booted the xbox using the eject button and ftped into it and the letters were the qrsuwv. im guessing thats the prob but no matter how many times i do the wizard it happens the same, im on a xenium gold with a 1.6 box.

jjackson

#4 JonBOY

JonBOY

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 441 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 April 2006 - 02:20 AM

error 21 esentially relates to a problem like dash file missing or corrupted. I pressume you're getting this error because the HDD upgrade wizard has gone wrong and you don't have a viable dashboard install copied to the upgraded HDD.

If by any chance you happen to have another HDD around that you could try with the upgrade wizard I'd give that a shot and see if the partitions come out wrong on that drive too. Doesn't need to be a large drive, even a little 8 gig drive would do the trick.

Aside from that, you could perform a Xenium OS recovery. Its possible that the XOS has some sort of error in it and it you restore the XOS you might fix the problem.

You'd have to download the latest Xenium OS (2.3.1) and burn a recovery disc. Then insert the disk and in the XOS manual select the 'recovery' option. It'll say do you really want to launch recovery mode.....click yes.

You should see a splash screen with a picture of a Xenium chip on it and hopefully a message saying 'success......got from DVD' will eventually appear. Then LET THE BOX POWER DOWN BY ITSELF. It may take a little while to shut off. Then you can power back up into XOS and go from there, re-run the upgrade wizard and see what you get.

During the wizard, it dispplays progress updates like formatting C partition, formatting E partition, copying C, copying E etc............does yours say copying C and E etc or does it say the other crazy letters your ending up with like Q R S etc?

#5 Lawst

Lawst

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 05:58 AM

i have the gold spice so i have the latest os, and when its doing the upgrade it says c: d: etc, but when its done and i connect the new hd , and ftp to it it shows up qrsuwv

#6 CJLee89

CJLee89

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 30 April 2006 - 11:05 PM

make sure the recovery switch on the chip itself is not set to recovery mode!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users