• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 matfra

matfra

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 08:34 PM

Hi, I'm reading tutorials and searching in 10000 forums for this. I can't find the answer. Maybe you can help me.
1st I hotswap my Xbox with Yop Solo HDD Maker 2. Its base on XboxHDM and build the HDD to work as softmod. Im not sure if I can post link here, so I wont tell you where you can download it.

Basicly, the HDD Maker install font exploit. It installed those files in FONTS folder. BERT.XTF, ERNIE.XTF, X.XTF
It also create a backup of OLD font in a folder called F0NTS. There is 2 XBE file on the C:\ - M_S_DASH.XBE and XBOXDASH.XBE - I assume M_S_DASH.XBE is the Original MS DASHBOARD.

This is my problem. I wanted to upgrade my Dashboard. I put Auto Installer 3 into my xbox and choose the option to upgrade the dashboard to 5960. But I understand now, it scrap all my 1st install made with Yop Solo CD. So I reformat and reinstalled Yop Solo.

Since I reinstall it, I can load MSDASHBOARD from EVOX anymore, I try to launch it, and it return to evox. Im wandering HOW can I upgrade manually MSDASHBOARD. Is it possible to run MSDASHBOARD5960 with a softmod Xbox. Does it need a special EEPROM or BIOS.

I know my question make me look like a Noob. Im Noob and I accept it ! Maybe someone can help me ?

I have a Xbox 1.0 - NTSC - I bought it in Canada

#2 spiky3mike

spiky3mike

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 April 2006 - 11:53 PM

get a newish game e.g halo 2 and click on live make sure your cable is not plugged into ypur router or pc and it should update your dashboard to 5960

#3 Ndure protagonist

Ndure protagonist

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 24 April 2006 - 04:05 AM

matfra; if you have suitable ftp access, here's how to (relatively easily) update to Ndure with 5960 dual-boot:

http://forums.xbox-s...dpost&p=3346273

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users