• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TripleX-Box

TripleX-Box

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 07:36 AM

I couldnt just put the xbox hard-drive into my pc on the primary master? With my bootable disc in the drive? Then turn on my pc?

And there isnt a way to do this by having my pc hd on the master, and the xbox hd on the slave? While my cd/dvd drive is on my secondary master?

I dunno realy what Im doing. I just know I can follow exact directions without the "but this guy did this and it worked for him, but this did it for me" crap. I just dont want to end up frying either hard drives of mine.

Hope someone can answer this for me. Thanks.

#2 TripleX-Box

TripleX-Box

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 09:31 AM

Hey, sorry if this is a stupid question. I just thought I read a few times that xboxhdm has a hd locking and unlocking tool or something.

And maybe while someone is hopefully reading this, to get it clear; I will be in the middle of softmodding when I actually get to see my eeprom, or get to back it up or whatever? I keep trying to read through the "xboxhdm for dummies" tutorial, and it gets to a step where it says "if you had your eeprom.bin in the linux>eeprom folder and your hd is still locked", but it never told me in previous steps how to get that eeprom.bin into that folder to begin with.

Now its late, and i doubt Ill bet the answers I need before i just decide to try this hotswap crap (which sounds perfectly easy, just scary). So since im doing this on my own I obviously cant try and hold anyone responsible if i fry my computer or something. but i will punch myself right in the face, and how will YOU feel then? huh? Just kidding, i'll be fine. Im just a soft mod virgin and am just having a bit of a time getting it up, ya know?

Thanks.

#3 DaddyJ

DaddyJ

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:none

Posted 21 April 2006 - 04:37 PM

without the eeprom, u need to hotswap or gamesave into your xboxhd

with the eeprom you can unlock the hd and relock easily.

you gain the eeprom, by getting evox on your xbox and running its backup feature.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users