• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MrMojoRizing

MrMojoRizing

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 04:37 AM

newbie here, my xbox is booting to the xenium tools screen and i can't get it to boot normally to evox or even boot to a dvd. i found a setting called instant boot and turned it off, but that's not helping. i tried doing a search of the forums to find the answer, but i guess the search is down right now? any ideas much appreciated.

thanks much

Edited by MrMojoRizing, 22 April 2006 - 04:38 AM.

#2 CattyKid

CattyKid

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts
  • Interests:Everything
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 April 2006 - 04:52 AM

My GUESS is that you are booting to the OS and need to flash it with a bios before you can boot any signed or unsigned code. So, go and grab a bios, burn it to a disc, and use it to flash your chip through the Xenium OS.
That is most likely what you need to do. Check the Xenium User Manual for more information.

#3 MrMojoRizing

MrMojoRizing

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 04:57 AM

i should have explained better, i've had this thing for like a year, working just fine, my 4 year old messed with it, hitting the eject button instead of the power button, and now all of a sudden it's happening. i didn't mod it myself, someone did it for me, and i don't have any user manuals or anything like that (i think it's an executer 2 chip with a xenium bios?). so anyway, it's not a fresh mod, it's an old one that's been working fine forever and just now started doing this after powering up with the eject button. thanks for the help. (but where do i get a bios if i have to try that?)

Edited by MrMojoRizing, 22 April 2006 - 05:05 AM.

#4 jcaspar1

jcaspar1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 07:23 AM

Under the Xenium OS go to Launch Menu. Here you should see the list of bios that are flashed to your chip. GO to Set Default Item at the bottom and pick the bios you want to launch on start up. Then from the Xenuim start sceen go to Settings, then to Xenium Settings. Here set Instant Boot to on. That should do it assuming your bios is still good.....

#5 MrMojoRizing

MrMojoRizing

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 07:30 AM

the only thing under launch menu is "add new item" , that's it. no other options. i really appreciate the help, any more ideas what to do if i only have add new item? if i need a new bios or whatever, where can i get one? etc? thanks a ton for the replies.

#6 MrMojoRizing

MrMojoRizing

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 08:05 AM

ok, i got it going, your replies were very helpfull, i appreciate it alot. i went hunting and found a bios for my chip, and through the add item in the launch menu i reflashed it. it seems to be up and running fine again, though it looks a little different at the load screen. but i think that's just cause it's a newer bios wich is a good thing too. anyway, thanks much for the time guys, much appreciated.

mojo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users