Photo

Help. No Info On Dip Switches? Xecuter 2.6 Ce?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 raid517

raid517

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 03:54 AM

Hi sorry to ask what may be an obvious question, but could anyone tell me how to set the Xecuter 2.6 Ce Modchip into 'unprotected' flashing mode using the supplied connector and dipswitches? Also is it advisable to leave it in unprotected mode once it has been flashed - or should I reset it back to protected mode? (Additionally, as the chip tends to frag somewhat with the connector attached, what exactly is 'protected mode' for this chip?) Also how do I use these dipswitches to turn the the chip on and off, if perhaps I ever wanted to play on Xbox live?

I have seen tutorials on how to configure the dip switches for various chips, including earlier xecuter chips and 'lite' versions, but I am having some difficulty locating information on the correct dip switch configuration for this specific chip.

Any input anyone can offer would be very much appreciated

GJ

#2 theperfekt001

theperfekt001

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,044 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 23 April 2006 - 04:11 AM

IPB Image
its the middle one. i always just have it on protected when im not flashing it. hopefully you can tell how to disable it from that pic

Edited by theperfekt001, 23 April 2006 - 04:12 AM.

#3 raid517

raid517

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 02:42 AM

OK thanks. So just to clear it up - although the photos are excellent - if I set the switches to this order

bank 1 on
flash prot off
Chip enable on

I should be good to go?

I mean that seems logical, but I just want to be 100% clear.

Edited by raid517, 24 April 2006 - 02:42 AM.

#4 raid517

raid517

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 03:13 AM

Edit. OK something else I have noticed,. When the controller/swiches are connected, the Xbox switches on and off 3 times and on the 3rd occasion it comes on and stays on. It is also fragging (red/green orange).

Bare in mind that I have not yet reinstalled the harddrive or the CDROM drive and currently just have the Xbox on a bench connected to the electricity supply.

However if I disconnect the connector/switches and power on the Xbox, it appears to power on normally.

I'm pretty sure I have the Xapt3r solderless adapter installed correctly as all the lights have come on (including the red DO light) to indicate correct connection. I have 3 blue lights and one red light on the Xapt3r and they all seem to be functioning normally. But I guess there is always a possibility I could have gotten this wrong.

Should I try reinstalling the Xapt3r solderless adapter again, or is this behaviour in any way normal?

GJ

Edited by raid517, 24 April 2006 - 03:17 AM.

#5 raid517

raid517

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 04:33 AM

OK a small edit, going by the serial number, my Xbox was made in China on production line 1, on week 43 in the year 2002. I have a conexiant video chip and several other idicators from various diagrams strongly suggest that the Xbox is either a 1.2 or 1.3. (That's as near as I can narrow it down).

Again the rebooting 3 times and then finally comming on and staying on on the 3rd occasion while showing a fragging behaviour on the 3rd instance is worrysome.

I can't figure out at all why when I disconnect the wire from the chip attached to the small PCB with the switches on it, the Xbox boots normally, yet as soon as I reconnect this I get this odd behaviour. Do I actually need these switches in order to be able to flash the chip?

GJ

Edited by raid517, 24 April 2006 - 04:34 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users