GWisAwesome

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 24 April 2006 - 05:29 AM

before i get attacked for not searching, i did search, and i found some helpful information. only thing is it was all scattered around, some very old, some contradictory so im asking here now. sorry.

I've had my xbox modded forever and been happy with evoX but i just switched over to unleashX and im alittle lost.

1) i hear theres a way to connect to the internet through xbox using this skin (newsfeed etc, whatever) which is a big reason i switched to using it. I have my xbox going into a hub, which is connected to network card B of my computer. I connect to the internet with network card A going into the university connection... how do i set it up?

2) how can I edit the menu options? on evoX i removed launch from DVD (drive is broken) and my emulators aren't showing up now because they aren't in the right location (they're in apps folder) and it left out some custom games also.

3) where is the default place to put music on the xbox? i've never messed with any music/media before on the box, but with my new setup i'd like to play movies and music from it. get the music going while playing games or on unleashX dash. I have a huge hdd already installed, just need to know where to put everything.

4) i thought another big point for unleashX was sweet skins with videos and all kinds of stuff going on to make it look beautiful. of all the skins i downloaded so far, i have one that has a rippling effect, thats the only animation i see. granted it is a lot better than evoX, i was expecting big time eye candy, i think i found a page here saying you can add your own intro.wmv's or something? not part of the skin? yea, im lost here too.

ok thats a lot. thanks in advance for any help.

edit: oh yea, when i change my skin or do any changes, if i restart my xbox, it all goes back to default. wtf?

Edited by GWisAwesome, 24 April 2006 - 05:33 AM.

#2 4everlearning

4everlearning

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 24 April 2006 - 08:01 AM

ok first off I think I would check out the UnleashX forum. Those guys can answere all your questions.

For the Skin Question about it reseting itself, you have to either pick it using start or you have to select it with A to give it a test drive and then select it again with A to set it as your Skin.

#3 Staticvoid

Staticvoid

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 April 2006 - 08:21 AM

just edit the Config.xml file or move the stuff where it says in it. its really simple after you take a look thru it.

#4 GWisAwesome

GWisAwesome

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 08:28 AM

that forum seemed alittle dead when i was checking it.

i figured out how to connect to the internet to autoupdate the dash, still not getting an RSS feed tho.
i had to change the network settings on the box to DHCP and make sure my other network card on the pc was set to share.

it still resets my skin everytime i reboot?
i've picked with A,A and start. same deal.

the only thing i'm really still wandering about is choosing the skin, and where is the default folder to put music on my xbox so i can listen to it in game etc, and can i use mp3's?

#5 GWisAwesome

GWisAwesome

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 09:32 AM

im soft modded by the way, im not sure if that would make a difference? just annoying to have the default skin everytime.

also, when i have the clock set to auto-update it is an hour slow, im assuming this is because of the timezone i am set in but i dont know how to change this without going into M$ dash and i can't.
my friend is also having a similar problem, i changed his language to spanish before softmodding him, now when he plays FarCry Instincts, its all in spanish and we can't figure out how to change that. im sure its related to M$ dash obviously, but how can i change it now?

#6 diggnified

diggnified

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:XBOX Modding, Computer Networking, Computer Repair.

Posted 24 April 2006 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE(GWisAwesome @ Apr 24 2006, 03:35 AM) View Post

that forum seemed alittle dead when i was checking it.

i figured out how to connect to the internet to autoupdate the dash, still not getting an RSS feed tho.
i had to change the network settings on the box to DHCP and make sure my other network card on the pc was set to share.

it still resets my skin everytime i reboot?
i've picked with A,A and start. same deal.

the only thing i'm really still wandering about is choosing the skin, and where is the default folder to put music on my xbox so i can listen to it in game etc, and can i use mp3's?

Select your skin hit A to apply it and then hit Start it should save it. As for the RSS feed the skin you use has to support the RSS scroller at the bottom. Alot of UnleashX skins do not seem to have RSS support on them. To test RSS feeds choose some of the default skins UnleashX has in the skins section. Hope this helps.

#7 GWisAwesome

GWisAwesome

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 09:44 PM

ok, the feeds work now! good call on one of the default skins, the one i was using had a place for it, it said RSS feed with an empty box below it, but it never scolled across.

whatever i do tho i cannot get the skin i selected to be saved!
every time i reboot the xbox i get the blue one that kinda resembles the m$ dash, i've tried everything with A and start and i know im doing it right, im not retarded.
i think it has something do with me having a soft modded xbox?
i had evoX installed, and i opened my xbox with the eject button to bring up the softmod menu to install unleash, i picked drive C, restarted with drive closed.. updated with their option thing, downloaded some skins, still wont save... eh.

also anyone know how to change time or language from ms dash settings if you cant access them?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users